11 November 2022

Another Berry Branch class

Sharing today the second class taught by Laura Bassen at the recent #pfcreateandconnect Holiday class.

I wasn't that enamored with the colours used in the class but went with the flow

The Berry Branch stamp was stamped with the Misty Coast ink for a no-line colouring look. The leaves are stenciled with lighter blue inks: Sky Blue and Seaside. We used just the Misty Coast ink for the berries with the 4th stencil just darkening the base colour.

My first attempt I used my normal sized blending brush for the base coast and then a smaller shade brush from Waffle Flowers for the contrast but was disappointed there didn't seem to be any contrast. They were just dark grey berries so I swiped a layer of Hero Art's glitter paste through stencil 3 and love how it turned out.

The background uses Kaleidoscope stencil again but this time using stencil 1 and 3. Class one we used stencil 1 and 2. I love how that stencil set can give so many looks. If it is released in the future I would definitely be buying it!

I also used the newly released Champagne Glitter drops OMG I love them all & highly recommend grabbing them if you can; Champagne is my favourite of them all. Even though it's a pale gold it almost looks silver here.







I die-cut multiple layers of the largest art deco frame inner rather than use stamping foam and I tried a few embossing folders but settled on SU! 3D Timeworn Type. I blended excess ink from my Seaside brush to make a piece of matching card stock to white emboss the sentiment on.

Now below is how Laura's card looks (apart from the fact I have used the glitter gems, I actually believe this was what was supposed to be in our swag as our kits were delayed getting sent to us whilst they were waiting for some "new" embellishment but they never arrived in time and we got the metallic gold pearls instead. 

This time I used the smallest brush (shader brush) for my base coat of Misty Coast and then used my bigger blending brush to do the contrast and it worked just like Laura's card.




Supply List (all PFS unless stated otherwise):
Stamps: Berry Branch
Ink: Misty Coast, Sky Blue, Seaside, Versamark, Versafine Clair Nocturne Black
Dies: Berry Branch, Art Deco frame
Stencils: Berry Branch, Kaleidoscope
Paper: Neenah White #80 for blending etc, #110 for card base
Other: Champagne glitter drops, Alabaster White (BM),  various stamping foam from my stash, blending brushes (TE), shader brush (WF), Timeworn Type 3D EF (SU!), Bearly Art glue, Easy See highlighter tape.




Well I still am not a huge fan of the blue and gray but I actually like my modified card a lot. I think the embossed frame adds "something"

✿ Karen ✿








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen