6 November 2022

Furry and Bright

WOW its been 7 days since my last post. I have been semi-comatose in bed for the last 14 days if I am honest. I ended up getting sinusitis post a cold which wiped me out.

Hopefully we have turned the corner now. One of my infrequent stops at Krafters Cart real store (I normally shop online) I spied the most cutest set of animals and "ugly" Christmas jumpers called Ugly & Bright. We have members of our family that dress up in Christmas PJs mum, dad and the 2 kids, as the set wasn't very expensive I grabbed the set and matching dies at the time. To be honest it probably would have joined those stamp sets I buy and never use or use once and put away.

BUT I saw Jenn Shurkus aka Creative Chick advertise an online class using it so thought lets do it, the class was only $20 (USD) and I thought it would be great as Jenn as well as being a Lawn Fawn ambassador, does really cute Copic colouring. You can see all the class details HERE should you want to take the class too.


Once you sign up you see all the details for class prep and I saw you also needed an old Lawn Fawn set (?released last year Yeti or Not). I wish I had looked at the rest of the class supplies when I ordered my Yeti or Not as I may have ordered more but I have to say I am really happy how my cards turned out even if my backgrounds are different than Jenn's.

I can highly recommend doing this class and I am now starting to think maybe all my stamp purchases should be for classes I am going to do with a stamp set as I am sure I am not alone in buying something cos' it looks cute and I will use it one day but often never do!

So here are the 5 cards I have made so far.

Common supplies from Lawn Fawn 
  • Ugly and Bright stamp set and die
  • Yeti or Not stamp set and die
  • Henry's ABC's
All cards use
  • Black Glaze pen (Sakura)
  • White Gelly Roll 10 pen (Sakura)
  • Quickie Glue pen (Sakura)
  • Never thought I would say this ever again but Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU!) Jenn loves glitter!
  • Copic markers
Card one: I have used the Candy Cane die from SU! to make a background using Sweet Sorbet card stock. The glitter paper comes from a pack from Memory Box called Delicate Pastel. The candy cane in the reindeer's hand is stamped with Strawberry Sorbet ink (SU!)


Card two: The background uses Pinkfresh Studio's Diamond Tiles background stamp and Sparkling Rose ink. More glitter paper from the Memory Box pack. The banner strip is an old MFT die (Stitched Sentiments). Stitched rectangle is from SSS. My card base is Polished Pink (SU!)


Card three: I have stenciled though Lawn Fawn's Snowflakes Flurries background stencil with Tumbled Glass distress ink then added Hero Art's glitter Hero Paste. The plaid background uses Taylored Expressions plaid stencil and Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn distress inks. Stitched rectangles are from SSS. The hill is from an old set I have from Wplus9 called Landscape Borders.


Card four: One of the 2 bonus cards which I just had to make as I loved the colour combo of teal and violet. The background is blended through Lawn Fawn's Snowflake Flurries stencil and directly to card stock using Peacock Feathers and Shaded Lilac distress oxides. I tried splattering some Picket Fence ink on the background to make snow and semi-succeeded. The chunky glitter comes from Stampendous and is called shaved ice.


Card five: Using Waffle Flowers Snowy Pine Trees stencil with Kitsch Flamingo Distress oxide inks, more Stampendous shaved ice chunky glitter and another landscape border die from Wplus9.


This was such a fun class and colouring the wee critters bought a smile to my face when not much else was.
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen