22 November 2022

Is this the best layering stencil I have used to date?

I am talking about The Ton's Peony Print layering stencils (7 layers). I blogged a few days ago about my Eat Sleep Crafty Retreat I signed up awhile ago for. Now one of the things the retreat wants us to do is work with what we have in our stash BUT they also supply a list of what they are using at the retreat, now 3 of the cards really went WOW to me and today's blog post is one of those cards. 

When I saw this card I could not believe how vibrant and cheerful it was. Then when I saw it was a layering stencil and it was actually available to purchase at Krafters Cart I just had to buy it and I also bought the big HI die (The Stamp Market)as well and the Glimmer rectangle plate (Spellbinders) too. 

In hindsight I felt it was meant to be because what are the odds that it would be available to purchase in New Zealand. Krafters Cart has an amazing range of products to buy but often we have to go on a waiting list for it to be restocked and that can take months.

This is the second card Justine Hovey taught us for one layer wonders, again I am not in a good head space with being sick and I actually didn't have my stencil covering my A2 card mat so I had to trim a bit off using my A2 additional layering die from Waffle Flowers. The stencil is 6 x 6" so I just needed to pay more attention.

Justine also taught us lots of cool tricks for using our Glimmer hot foil machines as well. I must re-watch as I didn't quite get my rectangles lined up straight (look closely at the main stenciled card it has a double row of hot foiled dots). 

I especially liked her label on her machine SHINY SIDE DOWN - that is such a perfect reminder and now my machine has the label too.


She also had marked out what the grid of an A2 mat looks like for lining up sentiments etc. and viola so do I now :)





This is such a cool card and I love you get 2 cards for one. I have used Amethyst glitter gems from Pinkfresh Studios on the "coloured hi" card. Inks used (all PFS): Seaside, Lavender, Candy Violet, Grassy Knoll, Olive, Marigold, Clementine.

Well that is the first class from the retreat finished and to be honest with all the tips I learnt I feel I have already got my monies worth from the event. Huge thanks to Justine I loved both her cards (Jennifer McGuire may have to be careful I may now have a new J in my life to stalk). 

#eatsleepcraftyretreat

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen