20 November 2022

Eat, Sleep, Crafty Retreat day 1

What a cool name for an online event. I have to admit that sums my life up recently if I remove the crafty bit i.e. eat, sleep, retreat. My head cold of 5 weeks duration seems to have moved to my chest now and I sound terrible but actually I am feeling a bit better and had enough energy that I could get out of bed this morning and see the afternoon session for day 1 (it's a 2 day event). I signed up as Alyce from my colouring class was teaching a class and quite a few of the tutors I watch their You Tube channels.


The classes are run through a Zoom meeting and we can comment and one of the tutors answers our questions live which is just awesome. I managed to catch the last two classes live today and enjoyed them both thoroughly. As I am working at the pace of a snail at the moment I should be finished those classes in time for the videos of the classes I have missed to be uploaded (that would be my only criticism so far is that I feel they should upload them quicker but most of the tutors are crafting along with each lesson and putting their own spin and answering questions). Tomorrow I may catch card wars which sounds hilarious but I fear I will be missing it as I have to provide taxi service for picking Pete up after he drops a car in for a service). Ca la vie.

So Justine Hovey taught one layer wonders but unfortunately I was such a messy stamper and got ink in places I shouldn't of by blending past my mask and then random ink appearing in places I have no idea how. I had to cut my panel down to remove the over blending and add gems to cover up the ink spots so my card is not a one layer wonder but a THREE LAYER WONDER and I love it !!!


Supply List:
Stamps: Script (Indigo Blue)
Ink: Mint (PFS), Meadow (PFS), Emerald City (PFS), Versamark
Paper: Hammermill and Neenah White
Dies: Ornate Circle (PFS), A2 layers (WF)
Hot foil plates: Splatter Sentiments (SP)
Other: Glimmer hot foil machine, Satin Gold hot foil (SP), Jade glitter gems (PF), Gilded EP (BM), masking magic (GKD)

Well I seriously think this virtual event is worth signing up for and if you do it today you may get sent the links to see tomorrow's classes live but if not you can be like me and see them in a few days time. Click HERE if you want to join in on the fun.

#eatsleepcraftyretreat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen