13 November 2022

Pretty in Pink

I must be feeling better as decided I could look at my fav challenge sites today and have a wee play instead of doing classes.

This is a simple card but so squealing cute. I'm using one of those stamp sets I picked up yonks and yonks ago but never inked before today. It's called This Little Piggy by Sugar Pea Designs, it also has matching dies. All the little piggies are so cute and I may have to do a Valentine's card using this set too.

Just Add Ink is asking for "wings" and AAA birthday is wanting monochromatic which is never a fav of mine. So I have used on my card a lots of pinks which is also not a colour I use a lot. I used the fab weekly blends at Kit and Clowder to choose a pink combo for Copic colouring. I chose Alyce's "Cherry Blossom Pink" as I felt it worked with my distress oxide pinks.

I used MFT's mini cloud edge stencil for my cloud. I have to admit I have both the standard MFT cloud stencils but when I saw this mini one on a card I swooned I love the smaller rolling clouds. I have blended the clouds with Saltwater Taffy and the card with Spun Sugar I was hoping the Spun Sugar would be lighter than it is but overall I am very happy with my monochromatic pink card.



Supply List:
Stamps: This Little Piggy (Sugar Pea Designs)
Ink: Saltwater Taffy oxide, Spun Sugar oxide, Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies: This Little Piggy, Stitched Circles (SSS), Layered A2 (WF)
Paper: Neenah #110 (base), Lavinia Multifarious smooth (blending), Xpress IT blending (Copics), vellum (SU!)
Other: Rose Gold EP (ALT), foam, mini cloud edges stencil (MFT), blending brush (TE), white gelli pen (Sakura), Nuvo clear shimmer pen
Copics used: R000/00/11/30/32




Well you have 3 more days to play along with JAI and nearly 3 weeks to play along with AAA birthdays , so hope you can take some time of Christmas stuff to have a play. I see a lot of my favourite sites are saying this is their last challenge this week too, so I had better play along whilst I can.

Thanks for popping in.

EDITED: My card was chosen as the winner at Just Add Ink


And also in the top 3 at AAA birthday challenge site


In real life it is even more adorable than my photos show so it will be a hard card to actually give to someone.

✿ Karen ✿

6 comments:

  1. This is super sweet Karen, l love your pretty pink clouds! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well for no favourites included you've done amazingly well. I love all the pink and the mega cute piggie. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jane surprised myself with how much I liked my monochromatic card - so great challenge

      Delete
  3. This is such a fun and cute card. I love your use of the pink. Thanks for joining in at AAA birthday challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pink card. Thank you for playing AAA Birthday, I hope to see you participate in the next challenges too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen