26 September 2023

Amy's Beautiful Easel Card

This is another fab card I created at the Pinkfresh Create and Connect event with Amy Yingling from The Stamp Market. I blogged Amy's first card HERE and I'm really happy to report that this card was much quicker to put together.

We made an easel card for our 2nd projects but there's lots of little added details which really make this card fab. I love how she layers her letters from the coordinating die to have card stock, glitter paper, cardstock; it really adds a punch to the letters. I also love her landing place for the easel to sit behind. We have used 1/8" strips of the 4 card stocks used in this card and adhered to a 4-1/4" x 1/2" white strip and then popped up even higher with a piece of foam. It's just a really nice detail.

To create the easel take a 11" x 4-1/4" piece of card, fold in half at 5-1/2; then on one side make a mountain fold at 1-3/4". We attach to the front of the panel our stitched rectangle frame. Now attaching the panel to the easel was always the problem as you could only add adhesive to the bottom of the panel. The way Amy did it was to add 2 strips of foam tape directly to the base so there was no way glue/adhesive could be in the wrong place. I am also pleased my stitched rectangle was bigger than Amy's as there's a lot going on.




The stamp set with coordinating dies is called Festive Foliage (TSM). I love how detailed the dies and the empty framed holly leaves are just so gorgeous and perfect in the glitter cardstock. There was no stamping apart from the sentiment again which is a font I love. 

Card stock used by me were:
  • Evergreen (C9 - darkest green)
  • Noble Fir (LF - mid-green)
  • Granny Apple Green (SU!)
  • Tidepool sponged white leaves (C9 ink) and Tidepool card also in 1/8" strip (C9)
  • Glacier glitter paper (PFS - not available to purchase just yet but coming and I LOVE IT)
  • Ballet Slipper (C9)
  • Crushed Curry (SU!)
  • Hammermill White (1001b)
I have used Studio Katia Majestic Confetti as my sequins as that was the closest match in my stash to TSM Crystal Confetti

Amy says that this set was an exclusive for the event but they had a few extras (I think PFS has a cut-off of 1500 registrants and 1380 registered, so I could be wrong but there maybe 120 sets to buy when she does her Christmas release, so limited number but they probably do a few more in case any set is faulty too). But if you like it I would sign up for their newsletter at The Stamp Market.

It is funny that I am doing a Pinkfresh Create and Connect and my first cards are from the partner company doing the event with them but I do assure you there are 5 PFS classes to share once I do them, they do use TSM coloured cardstock in those classes as well. 

Why I started with Amy's class was that it was at a time I was awake; my 10am on the first day. The time difference is always a problem with Virtual events they happen live whilst I am sleeping but the videos are there for a long time and as long as I attend a few live classes I feel like I am connecting. I think her cards may be the fiddliest but I love, love them and Christmas is a magical time and I'm hoping whoever gets these appreciate the work that went into them, saying that they might look quite good on my mantle piece too ;)

#pfcreateandconnect

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen