4 September 2023

Technique Tuesday #4

Lydia shared on the Hero Art YT channel last week our weekly inspiration using masking tape, it was a fun video and she made a pond with a cute duck.

To be honest I just started the process with no idea where I would finish which is just as well as "magic can happen all by itself".




The technique is just to grab any old masking tape, especially if the grotty stuff that tears easily and you should throw out as it's perfect for this technique which is sticking down and ruffling up in part of your cardstock. You then paint it with white gesso so you can work with it/ I'm working on and A2 panel of Heavy Distress (RNG)  card stock and to be honest I needed something heavier or I needed to tape it down. My  panel was often left with something heavy on it to stop the bend.


The next day I sprayed with my favourite Two Tone spray - spring green and gold (HA). 


It was looking pretty magical and pretty at this stage but was unsure where I was going with it all but was thinking of making it a tree top ie adding a tree trunk up one side and hanging a bird house in it. The next day I decided I would use a cure frog I have sitting on a water lily so back to a pond, a bit like Lydia so needed to add some blue to the mix. I thought I would spray the Ocean Blue and Gold spray through a stencil but I it didn't really work because of the warping of the cardstock. I would have been better spraying the stencil and then "stamping" it into the paper but too late and if I'm honest it looked fabulous IMO!!!


So there was only one place I could see this panel was going and we are back under the sea again.



I decided I would add some Glitter Paste tinted with some white glimmer metallic ink (both HA) through Speckled Egg stencil (AS) as thought they would look like air bubbles. I left the panel to dry in the sun before returning to it.

Once dry I stamped at the edge just above the masking paper with Versafine Morning Mist (grey ink)  various images from My Monthly Hero card kit from May 2017, called Mermaids different seaweeds etc. and tried colouring in with my Gansai Tambi pearl watercolours but it  blended into the background. So the MMH kit also came with add-ons including seaweed dies, so I cut out a few shapes out of watercolour paper and then used greens/teal/pink Lindy's Magicals to colour them. The wee pearl image was just in my spare Copic coloured images (LF) and worked really well with my under the sea vibe. I added a few iridescent pearls (SU!) as they were perfect for the sentiment which is found in MFT's Mermaid For Each Other stamp set.

Well another card which evolved as it was created. 

#heroartsmixedmedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen