27 September 2023

More Festive Foliage with Amy

The last card design taught by Amy Yingling at my recent #pfcreateandconnect was her make n' take and finally a mass producible card.

Interestingly her stamp set Festive Foliage and coordinating dies came with a stencil which I was wondering what it was for, after the make n' take I now know what it was for. Apart from the sentiment and the white embossed ornament the rest of this card has been created with blending through the stencil or adding stencil paste.


The card on the left is the card Amy taught, the card on the right is me tweaking it a bit.


My colours used are Tidepool (light aqua - C9), Olive (PFS) and Ballet Slipper (C9) as these were a pretty good match to TSM inks and card Amy was using. For the stenciled ornament we have blended our light pink ink , then leaving our stencil in place I've added Hero Arts paste and then sprinkled it all with a crystalline glitter; I've used Distress Rock Candy glitter (RNG). I really liked it but thought I'd try different greens and a brighter pink card and embossing paste. I've added Pinkfresh Studio Champagne glitter drops for my bling.


This time I have used 2 Pinkfresh Studio green inks that I love; Mint and Meadow for my foliage. I've gone for a brighter pink card stock from Concord and 9; Pink Lemonade and the white embossing pops much better on the brighter card. I wish I had created the other ornament as above but thought I'd try one of my pale pink embossing pastes by Cosmic Shimmer (Stellar Flamingo Luna Paste) and it's a great match colour-wise but doesn't have as much depth. Bling this time is Studio Katia's Majestic Confetti.


In all honesty both are fabulous and could be created in all sorts of colours, my only piece of advice is to use a post it note or a smaller blending brush when stenciling.

WOW I have loved all 3 cards I made with Amy from The Stamp Market and look forward to seeing what gorgeous stamps and dies she comes up with in the future. 



This is the set I received for my class kit and limited numbers will be released soon with her Holiday Release. I'm guessing that they made enough for the cut-off of 1500 plus a few spares if any faulty and as 1380 of us were clever stampers and registered for the event, there will be very small numbers available at release.


Well I have really enjoyed making such fabulous and pretty cards which were totally out of my comfort zone.

#pfcreateandconnect

✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful selection of cards Karen - love the fact that you used past to add dimension to the ornament.\
    I saw your comment on Carol G's blog and thought i would visit as a fellow Kiwi
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maxine for your lovely coments and it's lovely to find fellow kiwi crafters

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen