21 September 2023

Blast off

AAA cards latest challenge is really cool and I had quite a few ideas for it, sometimes too many ideas can not be a good thing but in the end I've tried to emulate the colours and make my own planet (maybe Earth) with a small round watercolor shape stamp and some distress inks plus a wee rocket too which I've Copic coloured and then fussy cut out. 

I also hand stamped the sentiment which made me laugh as I was concentrating hard as it's been such a long time since I've hand stamped a sentiment directly to card and not use my MISTI.



Supply List:
Stamps: Stellar Birthday (SU!), Watercolor Shapes (SU!)
Ink: Cracked Pistachio (RNG), Salty Ocean (RNG), Wilted Violet (RNG), Memento Tuxedo Black, Granite (HA), Charcoal (HA)
Paper: Neenah White #110, Xpress IT blending
Other: Nuvo Crystal Glaze, white Gelli Roll 10 pen, 1mm foam squares (SP), Copic markers
Challenge: AAA#249


Copics used
: C3, C5, BG11, Y15, YR16, R29, R35, R59

I've tried to use this colour combo for the rocket which I learnt at Jenn Shurkus's Copic 101 class. I thought the hint of yellow with the red would be perfect for my rocket.


Well another great challenge from the team at AAA and I must be totally confused with what day of the week it is whilst prepping and getting ready for my 2 virtual events I have coming up as I am a week late for this one and it closes in a few days time but do check out all the other great ideas/cards if you have time. I'm going to be brave and put my hand up for their DT call too as it has been such a long time since I've been on a DT and I really enjoy AAA challenges so wish me luck!!!

EDITED 8/10: My wee rocket card was chosen in the top 3




✿ Karen ✿

8 comments:

  1. SO cute! Love your little planet and the rocket ship is perfection! I love the white highlights you put on it. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh thanks Kristin for returning the <3

      Delete
  2. Love your little rocket Karen. Thank you for playing at the AAA Cards Challenge and Good Luck with the DT call, I look forward to your next card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing clean and simple card. I like how the rocket is raised above the planet.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue it was a little too big unfortunately to put on top but a fun wee card for someone

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful Karen! What a fun card, the colors are great and I love your design. Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed this challenge immensely Michal it sure was a "blast" to join in,

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen