28 September 2023

Mix it up with Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner

Now doesn't that sound like a perfect pairing. I've only done two Pinkfresh Create and Connects before and for both of those Jennifer McGuire does the last class mixing everything we get in our swag. That was the plan for this event too but she had some surgery scheduled for the day before her live class so she passed the reins onto her craftie bestie Kristina to teach her designs. 

Now I shouldn't be happy that Jen couldn't make it but being Kristina's no. 1 fan I was happy to take a class under her tutelage, she seems very quiet teaching since her marriage. All products used are Pinkfresh Studios apart from the card stock which came from my stash as I couldn't get any card stock from The Stamp Market but my colour matches are just about bang on. I used Pink Lemonade from Concord and 9 and Teal Topaz from Spellbinders. Also this is a sneak peek of Glacier glitter paper which will be eventually released from Pinkfresh Studios.
Now I am really struggling with taking photos for this class as its been a really grey and wet week here so I'll start off with the official photo of what we were aiming to create and in all honesty I think I nailed it pretty good as here's my cards, side by side:


Both cards used the new interactive slider die we received as part of our kits. 

TEAL CARD: The envelope die was part of the Holiday Gifts die set (Carissa Wiley's class), plus we also used the Ornaments and Foliage stamp set and die (Channin Pellitier's class) and the sentiments came from various stamp sets we received. Obviously I wouldn't use Winter Greetings as its summertime here at Christmas.



With the ink blending for these Jennifer wanted to show the power of grey to change the colours. The top sentiment stamps like that on purpose (I don't like it), it's weird it has thicker and thinner letters and I would use another sentiment from my stash in future. All colouring has been done through the matching stencil for the ornaments and foliage and arranged and yah this was a quick card.

PINK CARD: The Folk Snowflake was part of Heather Hoffman's class kit. It also had a matching stencil and OMG I love stenciling on the light glitter paper, why didn't I think of that it was so effective and sparkly. We also received another essential die Ornate Rectangle Frames which is framing it all.



Now this time Jennifer has the mechanism having a mat for a gift card to be attached to when you pull which is a great idea but I just love my snowflake even though I don't do snow I do, do glitter. Again a pretty quick card to create (we had die cut everything for the slider card beforehand).


I love this card and think I'll just make some A2 cards with the ink-blended snowflakes. So Jennifer being the GOAT she is showed us how to do magic with the slider die, she also used the other essential die we received and used THREE class supplies in her "Mix It Up" which was taught fabulously by Kristina. As Kristina was thrown in the deep end at the last moment she had just learnt to teach the cards so she was really good at explaining what stumped her a bit so that helped heaps.

Well my plan originally was to finish this event before the Big Box Event starts with Scrapbook and Cards Today tomorrow but in all honesty I did my holiday event with Pinkfresh the first weekend of October in 2022 the weekend after the Big Box one so I'm just happy I am a third done so I have lots more fab and fun Christmas cards to recreate at both events.

#pfcreateandconnect


✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen