31 August 2023

Finishing off my Big Box from March

Gosh I can see my halo shining from here all my classes from SCT's Crop and Create Cardmaking Delivered aka my big box event are now completed from the last 2 events I signed up for, as I eagerly await the box for the "fall event" which starts 29th September for me. There are a few classes I haven't done that I do not like but after 36 classes over 2 events me not wanting to do two of them I think is pretty good going.

The last class I had to complete was Brutus Monroe with Christopher Allen himself, he's a lovely man but man he can get sidetracked and I did not enjoy his ability to write instructions or teach a card. I think it's the story you have to teach to the lowest denominator which in this case is MOI!




He was extremely generous with our kit swag we got a stamp set with matching dies and also a coordinating stencil, plus also a huge die to create easel cards - now this was supposed to make making easel cards easier, for me it did not but it was a really useful set complete with square dies, round dies and an oval die so really, really useful.

The first class taught was the easel card and I ended up having to tear it all off and die-cutting out another easel card plus I felt it was all too flimsy so I mounted my fancy card front on a black mat for stability. It actually tuned out looking pretty good for all that. We were supposed to blend our inks to make the panels for our die-cut flowers to be die cut out off but I wasn't really that happy so I just used do-si-do ink (CP) to stamp the pink detail on some Chamomile card stock (SP) and ink blended gently around the edges with the pink ink. The green "vine" is Granny Apple Green (SU!). We ink blended a yellow and teal ink for our sentiment and then pressed Versamark embossing pad all over it and I added Holographic sparkle glitter from WOW for a bit of wow as I don't own the product he was using from BM and it was not part of our kits. The pinkish flower die cuts are just the ink swiped on white card stock I added very pale aqua sequins as felt like they needed something extra.



Now card two was really easy the coordinating stencil to match the stamp set made a background so easily, there were 4 layers; one for each colour. I used Pinkfresh Studio inks this time; Sunshine, Clementine, Bubblegum and Aquamarine.


Last but not least is a very clever square card (4-1/4") the first mat which is a 4" square. I have stamped the largest flower all around the edge with Sweet Pea ink (C9). Then a 3-3/4" square mat of black plus 4 large squares of white and either stamped flower images (using the 2nd flower) or die cuts. The die cuts all came from the Easy Easel die. Again I have embossed the whole square with Versamark and added Holographic Sparkle glitter (WOW). Looking at the sneak it looks like I was supposed to do the same to the 2 small black squares.



This is actually quite a clever monochromatic card design, so in the end I'm pretty happy with the class.

So as I head into September tomorrow there's exactly 29 days till one of the biggest cardmaking party starts with 3400 crazy stampers from all around the world and the kiwis boxes have just been sent out today. There's 12lbs of "happiness" in each box. If you want to know more about these events which occur six-monthly do check out SCT HERE.




✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen