28 August 2023

Technique Tuesday #3

I actually had a really loved "mixed media" weekend as I ended up KReating 3 things and all 3 had different mediums other than ink on them!

Today is the day Hero Arts share on their Facebook page new inspiration for the week at Monday noon kiwi time (8pm EST Sunday), it's a great way to enjoy my lunch.

Our challenge after last week was to use a paper towel on our project either but using it to apply texture or even incorporating it into our project.

I wanted to choose a different colour combo than my 2 previous cards so decided let's go blue this week. I received as part of my Stamp-a-long bundle from Hero Arts an Ocean Blue + Gold  two-tone metallic spray. That name made me think of the sea so I started off stamping a vortex of fishes in Twilight ink onto Distress White Watercolour paper (smooth side). The vortex was too big for my card in all honesty so stamped to one side then I thought ohh I can add my glitter paste that I wanted to press my paper towel in too for the challenge through a stencil. I used a Fish Net stencil from Waffle Flowers. I have to admit once done I was thinking ohh maybe that wasn't nice putting a net around them but was hoping I'd find a sentiment that I could use to "free the fishes". I then set aside to dry.


When it was dry I grabbed my two-tone spray and was thinking wonder what I can use with it when I remembered this mystery "nail-polish bottle" of Turquoise Silk Liquid ink (iridescent) I received in My Monthly Hero kit in May 2017. The nail polish applicator always confused me but I just used it to paint the colour on at the top of my now dry stenciling and misted downwards over the fish net with my Mista bottle. I then sprayed in my splat box the left hand side with the two-tone spray and let dry.


It was very blue at this stage so decided I needed a Jenn Shurkus mermaid to brighten it up plus I have been really wanting to play with my new mermaid set from MFT stamps.

I then added one of the sentiments from the Vortex of Fishes stamp set which says "meet me by the sea for that's where i shall be" in silver pigment ink randomly alone the left hand side. One of the coolest technique Jessica Frost Ballas shared in the Mixed Media Stamp-a-Long was stamping into White Glimmer Metallic ink, stamping off once on scrap and I added some "bubbles" from a very, very old SU! set called Timeless Textures which I have never used but never retired as it's a bit like the Mixed Textures set I received in my box from Hero Arts so many versatile stamps in the set for adding texture.


I love how the "bubbles" look on the LHS.



I stamped and embossed a  sentiment in fine silver detail from another MFT set on Dragonfruit card stock. My wee mermaid is E00/02, RV02/04/06/09 and BG10/32/13 (lightest >> darkest).

Supply List:
Hero Arts: Glitter Hero Paste, Ocean Blue + Gold two-tone metallic spray, White glimmer metallic ink,
Turquoise Silk Liquid ink (iridescent) 
Stamps: Vortex of Fishes (PF), Mermaid for Each Other (MFT), Oceans of Fun (MFT), Timeless Textures (SU!)
Ink: Versafine Clair Twilight, Silver pigment (Encore)
Paper: Neenah Solar White #110, Distress White Watercolor (RNG), Dragonfruit (C9), Xpress IT blending
Other: Fish Net stencil (EF), Copic markers, Distress Collage Medium Matte (RNG), Distress Rock Candy (RNG), detail silver embossing powder
 
Well I had no real idea where that card came from but it all started off with Technique Tuesday and my Ocean Blue and Gold spray and I love it! Thanks for popping in.
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen