10 August 2023

Technique Tuesday with Hero Arts

Hero Arts have started up a Facebook group following on from the very successful Mixed Media Stamp-a-long and as promised they delivered with the first FREE technique class. Lydia one of our teachers from the event was first up and OMG I loved her card and the fact you didn't need a stencil she just worked with her palate knife and some corrugated cardboard from an old box. She also used  Hero Arts Neon Watercolors which looked so amazingly vibrant. 

I wanted to have a go at her technique straight away but Hero Arts made sure I definitely did it by starting a Technique Tuesday challenge. This week after Lydia's technique we were challenged to create a project with texture, so in all honesty I cased what she did using my supplies from the Stamp A Long I had ordered and I was thinking I needed the Neon but loved how my background came out with the supplies I had.


Hero Art Supplies:
Stamp: Beautiful Day bundle, Mixed Textures
Liquid Watercolors: Pink, Dandelion
Other: Fuchsia and Gold Two-Tone Metallic Spray, Gold Hero Wax, Rose Gold and White Glimmer Metallics, Hero Paste, Gold Hero Pearls, metal palate knife

Other Supplies:
Paper: Distress Watercolor (RNG), Melon Mambo (SU!), Neenah White #110
Ink: Warm Buff (PFS), Doe (PFS), Gathered Twigs (PFS), Catching Rays (CP), do-si-do (CP), Pucker Up (CP), Versamark, Versafine Acorn
Other: Alabaster white EP (BM),  A2 Layers dies (WF), low tack tape (CTMH), stamping foam squares (SP)

Lydia started off her card by adding a strip of post-it note tape (1" wide), I used my low tack tape from CTMH (3/4") - this is to protect where the stamped sentiment is glued in on some clean card stock.

With a palate knife add a layer of Hero Paste and add texture with the back of your palate knife , she also added texture with some corrugated cardboard.

It important to remove the low tack tape now so it doesn't get cemented to the card. Also another great tip she shared was to lightly mist the back of the card to help with the warping. At this stage leave to air dry and go wash up palate knife and seal pot of paste. I left mine drying when I went out for lunch and gave it a quick blast with my Ranger Heat Tool on my return. Adding the Watercolor Liquids you add drops and then mist to make it go in the direction you want.

Looking at my card I loved the orange colour that I created with the Dandelion and the Fuchsia spray.

I have white embossed the flower and leaves from the Beautiful Day bundle and ink blended colours to work with the background. I have also added some small script words from the Mixed Textures stamp (this is my 3rd page technique for the flowers for my Art Journal which I haven't KReated yet).

Splattered the glimmer metallics and a wee bit of Gathered Twigs ink and used my finger to add a bit of gold wax plus some gold pearls to finish off.

I then used my A2 layer dies to mat up plus it tidies up the edges. Well I loved this technique and the bright Mixed Media card. And look there's "hardly any brown" to be seen.

I hope you all have a beautiful day, its a bit gloomy and wet here in Hamilton today, so it might be snuggle up with a book beside the fire kind of day.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen