24 August 2023

Finally finished my 1st big box!!!

Getting excited my 3rd big box from Scrapbook and Card for their Fall 2023 Cardmaking event should be shipped out next week so thought it's time to take a BIG breath and do the last class from September 2022. Don't get me wrong this is a fab class but "I don't do fiddly" and when I say fiddly I mean fiddly as only Spellbinders can do it. Just look at the elf's leggings all those teeny tiny white strips have already been glued on by moi so I didn't lose them.


This was a value added class and Spellbinders were extremely generous to us and provided us with 4 die sets, 1 stamp (sentiments), 1 BIG stencil, lots of bits of coloured cardstock (I'm in love with their their white, Snowdrift, which is almost velvety) plus some gold mix gems. The stencil (Diamond Dots) and Dancin' Elf  dies were exclusive to our event. Below is what I transformed all those bits into.


The dancin' elf card I have spread embossing paste through the stencil and when removed sprinkled over a clear glitter, I so wish photos could show glitter but trust me it's there!


Now unbelievably those legs move really easily, if you look at all the die cut bits above his leggings have a hole which is popped over one of the small Spellbinders square foams (2mm) and they swing really easily from side to side. I know this will make Pete's mum squeal so I am bookmarking this card for her for Christmas of 2023!


The second card was the "easiest" and loving the Brush Gold card stock and that fab white Snowdrift card stock.


Last card was a real show stopper and also fab cardstock Brush Silver and Glitter Foam Silver - love, love them. I actually used in the middle of my poinsettia's some Hero Gold drops in the centre I had created on my silica pad as I thought they matched the Brush Gold. For this card the stenciled background is a gold paste the one I could find at the time has glitter in it but I love how opulent it is.



Well I would say I still don't like FIDDLY but OMG maybe some fiddly is worth it if you make fabulous cards like these. Huge thanks to Kim Kesti who took the class and made it look easy and to the person who packed our kits OMG so many bits of cardstock and an even bigger thanks. Spellbinders were so generous too, what a kit haul we received.

I am so relieved I can start the fall 2023 event at the end of September with a clear conscience as the first big box for me is now COMPLETED!!!!



✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen