5 August 2023

Pool Party time

If you follow my blog you know I love the Lawn Fawn Create with Us series. I love that Kelly Marie and Jenn give us regular free classes using Lawn Fawn products complete with colouring guides. You can check out all the Create with Us classes they have done HERE.

As my Lawn Fawn collection has grown I am able to now go and do some of the older classes. My Pool Party set is so damn cute and I've used the odd stamp from the set on other cards but OMG  this class is so fun. And even though I didn't have the background coverplate die I'm really happy how my second card turned out.

The 2 cards together:

And up close card one:

Really simple but effective background, draw 3 circles of water on some watercolour card stock and then smoosh Peacock Feathers distress ink on a "palate" and then paint in the water, breaking the lines and allowing to mix with more water. When dry add some waves from the set and the cute colored critters. Little things which mayn't show in my picture is the llama's sunglasses has a layer of black Sakura glaze pen drawn over the stamped image to make glossy, but what a fun and really easy card to whip up.

The second card was a bit more tricky but not really.

The sunray background is made with Liquid Stardust (LF) and in real life it truly is so sparkley, now I have used my Sunray stencil from Lawn Fawn a bit but using my Waffle Flower grip mat to hold my base card (which is Salvaged Patina blended on the cardstock) and the stencil was a doddle, so easy nothing moves. I've added the Liquid Stardust with a round foam applicator the way Jenn did and went up the stencil lines but when I was doing it it blew me away at what a cool effect. I only have mini distress ink pads so I used my full sized Salvaged Patina distress oxide to make the base background.

I don't own the wavy background coverplate die but just used a simple wave border and added a Ocean accent (LF) to pop up the diving kitty. I cheated and didn't make a background with Peacock Feathers and just used my Teal Topaz card stock (SP) again. The other cool thing about this card is the ball, the floatie, the dive mask and the droplets all have a layer of Glossy Accents on them and they look so good IRL. I bought the small bottle for Jenn's Creative Art Journey class and I recall her saying everything works better i.e. doesn't clog if you actually use it, including our gel pens.

But I just love this card I think when I remake it I'll chop the teal cardstock up with multiple wave shapes and put back together like a jig-saw which I think will be as good as the background coverplate but I do think the Ocean Wave accent is purrfect too to pop up the cat through the "water".

The 2 cards reflect all 4 critters from the set and it's nice to have different ones at the beach.
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen