18 August 2023

Technique Tuesday #2

This week's technique that Libby from Hero Arts shared was stamping directly into paste with a red rubber stamp. You can re-watch that video HERE. We have been challenged by Hero Arts to do one thing in Mixed Media that scares us. I have to admit stamping a stamp into paste scares me a lot, so much so when I had a go I actually used an old background stamp I own called Lines Background (HA) which has been in my collection forever.

My next dilemma was I don't own any coloured pastes, Libby was  using a gold paste that looked magical. So I made my own by adding to a small amount of Hero Paste 1 drop of Ocean Blue and 1 drop of Daffodil Watercolor inks (both HA), it was too blue for me so I added 1 more drop of Daffodil and now it was too minty green but I could see my paste was getting watery looking so thought, oh well let's work with that.

I spread it over part of an A2 panel of Heavyweight cardstock (RNG) and then stamped my stamp in it, I think my layer of paste was too thick as it just showed mainly texture not the pattern but there was quite a bit of paste still on my stamp so I thought lets not waste it and stamped bottom RH corner and then top LH corner and I really liked the look of that impression. My image is upside down below so the first stamp off is showing in the image as top LH corner.


At this stage I was trying to think what to do with "the mess" but left it to dry overnight. I decided to persevere and not start again and sprayed my background 3-4x with Hero Arts Two Tone spray : Spring Green and Gold. When that dried I added some script text from Mixed Textures stamp set (HA) using Warm Buff ink (PFS). I have also added some gold Hero Wax to the raised bits using my ring finger. Most of it gets covered up but you can see it peeking out in places.

I decided to add a largish flower and thought I would use Flowers in Bloom (MFT) which has a coordinating die. Looking at the colour wheel the colour directly opposite to yellow-green is red violet. 




Off to my source of all things Copic I used Kit and Clowder's weekly blends to get some red violet combos. Alyce had 5 on her site and I settled on no. 3 which she calls Razzmataz RV69/19/04. I also used Lawn Fawn's Jellyfish ink to do a no-line colouring look.

I splattered some White gold Metallic ink, added some Cork Hero Pearls and a few Encouragement Sentiment Strips (HA) I have inked the edges using Concord and 9th Dragonfruit ink to finish off





It's hard to imagine that my card started off as a blob of minty green paste with TEXTURE but it truly is so pretty, vibrant and positive at the same time, even my partner called it a "work of art".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen