9 August 2023

Inspiring page by Mindy for Hero Arts

The 2nd page for my HA Mixed Media : Stamp-A-Long was taught by Mindy Eggen. This was definitely in my comfort zone and we played with the HA Flower and Swirl transfers. When I saw them in my kit I thought they look childish but I LOVE THEM and want to order more, they are just so cool.


For this page we used 3 brown inks starting off with our lightest brown inks and blending from the edge to the middle, repeating with next darkest ink but not blending as far in and then lastly the darkest just around the edge. We've also added a blue-green ink top RHS and bottom LH corner to make a "patina" look. More stamping in our MISTI with the Mixed Textures stamp set (HA), first time with the lighter ink then adding a tad darker ink which we have blended out the edge with a blending brush and re-stamping. We added our transfers next in a "U" pattern, then splattered with Rose Gold and White glimmer metallic inks mixed with water and also made a wash by smooshing our darkest brown ink and mixing with a few drops of water. I think I would do this step before the transfers as I don't like the splatters on my pretty transfers.


We've then added a white Fancy Circle die-cut (HA) and I love the pop of white, plus added a stack of letters which have had the blue-green ink added to the bottom of the letter. I love this alphabet die set from Hero Arts called Luggage Lowercase Alphabet

One of the cool stamp sets we also received in the kit bundle was Encouragement Sentiment Strips which I also love but am thankful there are so many sentiments as it's just about impossible no matter how much I rub my embossing bag/tool over the black cardstock to not get white embossed bits you don't want. One of Mindy's suggestion was to use a black sharpie pen and draw over them or use a tool pick and scratch it off. But I had so much choice which sentiment to use and to be honest they're all pretty fab I just chose a "cleanish" one. The stamp set has a matching die which I don't own but is top of wish list. 

I've used my Pinkfresh Studio inks as I had 3 browns that blend but I really like the look of the 3 Hero Arts browns Mindy used they have more yellow in them and her card looks almost yellow in the middle with a brown edge. She used Sand, Caramel and Cup O Joe inks. 

This is a cool technique and would look fab on a card too and yes you have inspired me Mindy!
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen