20 August 2023

August Create and Connect : Craft Along

Pinkfresh Studios (PFS) like a lot of companies offer 2 fabulous box events a year and then a weekend of presentations/classes. These events are not cheap mainly because the cost of shipping is horrific for me in New Zealand; normally in the 100 USD bracket, which when you "double it" makes it even more horrific.

We  definitely get more product than what we pay for plus the lessons are fab and I really get to use the products I receive on multiple cards and find myself reaching for that stampset as I "know it". So in the end I feel I get good value for money.


I was delighted when PFS announced they were starting monthly craft along with Lea and Heather and the cost was only $10USD. For this amount we got  access to PDF instructions to create 2 cards with newly released products from PFS PLUS suggestions to alternatives in their range of products we could use. We also  had 30 minutes where we could just chat to the two of them in Zoom if we wanted too before we were all muted and they created a card each. PFS event classes are always relaxing and easy to keep up with as they allow one hour per card, this craft along was no different, they even had a small break between cards. The class video is only going to be available for 3 months, so don't sign up if you don't have time to do it sooner than later is my only suggestion to you.

August's Craft Along was using July's release which I'm not sure why haven't arrived in NZ or Australia yet and I didn't own their suggested alternatives but I thought a set I received from February's Create and Connect event would work; interestingly quite a few of us thought the same. 

I managed to create the first card yesterday (Lea's card) whilst watching and doing other stuff in my craft room.




The top panel has been debossed with a coverplate, I'm not sure if I used the right side of the panel but will try again when I get my hands on the Chevron coverplate they were working with (which was top of my wish list for the July release). My motley collection of tag dies actually worked really well, so cost will be a factor whether I buy their new tag set. I was amazed how many tag sets I already own.

Supply List (PFS):
Stamp: Farm Fresh plus stencil and coordinating die, this is not available to purchase. It was as part of an event kit from February, it maybe released next year; as it seems like my holiday event products from 2022, the majority are about to be the August release tomorrow. This make me happy as I should have the goodies for the next Craft Along in my stash!!!
Inks: for stenciling LHS >> RHS; Soft Lilac and Candy Violet; Mermaid Cove and Tidal Pond; Raspberry Bliss and more Raspberry Bliss; Sweet Mustard and Marigold; Sparkling Rose and Bubblegum
Coverplate die: Hexagon Tiles
Ombre Glitter drops: Pixie Dust

Other Supplies (not PFS): Bubble Bath card stock (SU!), ivory glitter paper (bought at local craft store), Tags a Lot (ME) - middle tag and circle eyelet, Tasteful Labels (SU!) - left and right die cut out, embossing plates (Sizzix), Gold Pearl embossing powder (WOW)

This was a fabulous class, so pretty and great value. I am always happy to make a Lea card, they are always so gorgeous. I'll be back with part 2 when I make the second card.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen