17 August 2023

Follow your Passion


It was definitely time to play with my Hero Arts Mixed Media Stamp a Long class and supplies. This fab page was taught by Nichol Spohr who is a creator that for a long time seemed to fly under the radar. I think she is fab so I was really excited to see she was one of the tutors for the recent Hero Arts class. I loved the pace of her class she could keep up with her in the 90 minutes including the drying time. All the products used are Hero Arts apart from a few which have the company abbreviation in brackets.

This page started off with us painting the background which is just Neenah #110 with Rose Gold Glimmer Metallic ink. It was part of our homework but it was great to do it with Nichol as she just added a few drops to her craft mat and then used a DRY flat brush to paint in both directions. I had my 3/4" brush from my Nuvo pack and it worked fine, it didn't really matter if there were a few brushstrokes, it became part of the final texture or hidden by the rest of the process.

The background then has the fab Positive Script stamped on with a brown ink. Then a thin layer of Hero Paste has been added through the Stacked Circle stencil and allowed to dry. When dry gold Hero Wax has been added with our ring finger. This was the tip of this class!!! Don't use your index finger to add the gold wax use a non-dominant finger. It made a huge difference to the lightness of your touch.

The flowers come from the Beautiful Day bundle. I don't own any Hero Art inks apart from a few grays (they have great grays). So I used my Nectar (C9) and Gathered Twigs (PFS) to ink blend my flowers and leaves and again stamped the tiny word script from Mixed Textures stamp set. Sentiments come from the Encouragement Sentiment Strips stampset and I have used my Tattered Rose distress ink (RNG). I've also splattered the background with White Metallic Glimmer ink and then a few drops of Cork Hero Pearls to middle of the flowers to finish off.

I wish my photo could reflect how fab and shiny and pretty this is in real life but it is a stunning page and yes the sentiment strip "Follow Your Passion" was a great affirmation in the middle of the page, along with the other sentiment strips too.


This was a fab class and so many cool techniques you could use on a card too. Time to go work on my next Technique Tuesday card for Hero Arts which is not going so fab. But hopefully will look pretty when finished.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen