26 August 2023

Sketch for a teen take TWO

Hi all, this is my second go at the sketch for a teen. This time with some random colour either side of the image. With my limited range of teen-friendly stamps the challenge at AAA cards has certainly challenged me. I blogged yesterday with take one which I was really happy with until I went to enter it via Mr Linky and then realised I hadn't got what the challenge actually was!

Today I've tried to make the card still uplifting with a positive message and have added some "splashes" of colour as real splashes using the ink smooshing technique around the mermaid's tail which I had embossed plus masked off at this stage. I used a few of my blue Distress inks for the smooshing.



I used some Nuvo shimmer powders (Lilac Waterfall and Atlantis Burst) and Lindy's Magicals (Time Travel Teal and Shabby Turbine Teal) to colour in the tail. It's very sparkly and shimmery IRL.




Supply List:
Stamps: Be a Mermaid (SSS) and matching dies
Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturne, Unicorn White pigment (HA)
Distress inks (RNG): Salvaged Patina, Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean
Paper: Distress White watercolor (RNG), Neenah Solar White #110, Teal Topaz (SP)
Other: Black and white embossing powder, Lindy's Magicals, Nuvo Shummer powders, Large Stitched stackable rectangle die (LF)
Challenge: AAA #147



That was fun and quick to whip up the hardest thing was ink smooshing in a smallish area, a few spots got on the wrong side but overall I'm happy with the effect.

✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. Love your card Karen. That ink smooshing is perfect behind your mermaid tail and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at AAA Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tristan that is very kind

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen