13 August 2023

Take one for Craft Roulette 176

This week's parameters the split card was the stumping me parameter and I was going to make a gatefold card with some fruity DSP but I really wanted to have a play with my You're the Zest stamp set (LF). I made a fab background by blending some Distress Oxides: Dried Marigold, Spun Sugar and Kitsch Flamingo. Then pounced through the Falling Hearts stencil some Liquid Stardust; both products are from Lawn Fawn. It's so pretty and jolly in real life.

I then watercoloured using my Zig Real Colour brush markers; at this stage was thinking I could use the branch to split my panel but then remembered my Tiny Sentiments: Hello die (Altenew). I so wish I had stuck with the branch splitting the middle as the parameter is split middle not split card!! So back to the drawing board. 



I really like my card so off to think about how to "twig it" for the challenge.

Challenge parameters are below if you want to join in on the FUNN with Craft Roulette.



EDITED ONE DAY LATER: Take two; I'm not sure if I made my card "better" but I have split the letters by Copic colouring them, the blend looks OK when you look at the card but in a photo it looks messy but I'm happy I got my 10th submission completed and submitted with 10 minutes to spare.


EDITED 2 DAYS LATER: I tried adding Wink O' Stella but it didn't really smooth add the blend, then I saw in a bucket on my desk some long retired Shimmery Crystal Effects (SU!) I thought it would be too thick or blocked but it actually was a OK and I have a wee glossy layer with a bit of shimmer which maybe doesn't show that well in the photos but works really well with the Liquid Stardust heart background. So take 3 is a wrap!!



✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen