16 January 2024

Por-cute Pine with Jenn

The cute porcupines are multiplying at my place. I've just spent the last 2 days doing Jenn Shurkus's Por-cute Pine Class, as well as Copic colouring the  porcupines we got to play with Distress watercolor pencils which was so much fun. She got us doing things with them I wouldn't even think possible. Just playing with them is worth the price of the class alone, as always Jenn has videos for 3 cards and ideas for 2 more, she also provides a written guide to print out at home.


The first class was my favourite we got to colour up die cuts from the Happy Mushrooms set, Jenn's card had a bigger porcupine on it, as well as the baby but I must have spread my mushrooms too close. I was thinking about leaving the little one off but s/he is so cute. All the colouring apart from the porcupine is done with the Distress watercolor pencils.

 
I love especially the details in the rocks and for the ground that the watercolouring gives. I can also tell you to read the prep instructions properly this technique doesn't really work on Distress Heavy card stock and I had to re-cut all the mushrooms, ferns and rocks. I decided the word "mush" which is on heavy card worked but I was very careful how much water I added to get the colours mixing. All the background panels have been done using Ranger Distress Watercolor Paper.

The mushrooms have had Distress Collage medium added and then "organically" spread with a finger before Distress Rock Candy was added and left to dry. Jenn says she loves the Rock Candy being used on "nature elements". The "mush" letters have Prisma glitter on them.


Close ups of cards two and three whose backgrounds have been coloured with the watercolor pencils and stencils to start the process and get the shape.



My poor Kitsch Flamingo pencil is a bit munted after all the techniques and was probably not dry/firm enough to do this colouring but OMG it is still so cute!

Just a sneak off all the stamped images I Copic coloured (I ended up not using the porcupine holding the cactus but can use it on another card and my wee card image disappeared from the pile after colouring and glittering it and I can't see on the floor, maybe I should check the glitter pot!)


I love that Jenn always does something a little bit different in every class so you are constantly learning. Her classes are really reasonable, most are $20USD for the guide and approx. 5 hours of videos to craft along with. I also love her pace in most instances it is very easy to keep up with but if I want to jot down notes I just push pause.

✿Karen✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen