23 January 2024

Staring into the night sky

I was very excited to see that Sue from Addicted to CAS's design team has stepped up whilst Kylie takes a break and ensured that one of my favourite challenge sites is "business as usual". So I had to join in with their first challenge for 2024 but I've been stewing over in my head lots of different ideas on how to do a SKY Clean and Simple. I've been making a lot of cutie cards lately so I just didn't want to do a circle and use my cloud stencil to make some blue or pink clouds inside it and have a cute animal inserted somewhere.

Now one of the coolest things about being on the DT for AAA Cards is I get to check out more blogs and one of the lovely blogs I visited today was sharing a fab card for a new challenge blog to me called Power of Positivity, I'm sure we all agree we need more of that in our lives so I will enter my card into their challenge as well, as I feel like my sentiment is positively uplifting.

Anyhow I settled on a rectangle instead of a circle and then ink blended a night sky with my distress oxides and then added a wee critter from my Lavinia stamps staring at the moon. I'm really happy with my night sky, moon but wished I'd stamped Pipin using my Misti, he stamped beautifully as a practice run on white scraps but I ended up stamping him 3 times and I got it pretty close but interestingly Lavinia stamps are not really clear photopolymer they're quite hazy. So I learnt my lesson and stamped the tree branch using my MISTI and stamped it 2x. 

I masked the moon with some masking magic when creating the scene but added some scattered straw around the mask after adding just above the grass. When I finished creating the night sky I removed the masking magic and used the base for the moon by stamping it off twice and then the 3rd impression to add a hint of colour (Antique Linen), I then stamped the crater stamp directly with the Antique Linen ink and rapt how it turned out.


Distress oxides used to make my scene:
Grass: Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Black Soot
Night Sky: Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, Wilted Violet, Villainous Potion, Black Soot
Moon: Antique Linen

The other images have been stamped using Versafine Clair Twilight ink

Supply List:
Stamps: Mini Pipin (LAV), Moments in Time (ALT), Mini Moon (ALT)
Other: Grass stencil (LF), Just Stitched Rectangles (LF), A2 Layer dies (WF), masking magic (GK), dark green pencil, white gel pen





EDITED 8/2/24: My lovely night sky and contemplative bunny was chosen in the Top 3 at Addicted to CASAgain this was a first for me, being chosen as a winner at this site,  so very exciting news.





✿Karen✿

8 comments:

  1. WOW your card is so beautiful, Karan. I love the moon and the wonderful sentiment.

    Greetings from Germany
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anke that's really kind and hello from New Zealand aka Middle Earth

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful card full of gorgeous color! Loving the sentiment; perfect for this little guy reflecting on a memory as he peers at the moon! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Katrina, I appreciate that!

      Delete
  3. I love your little bunny, staring up at the sky! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card. Wonder what the bunny is thinking - maybe wishing on a star? I love the sentiment and the beautiful ink blending. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue for your kind words, thank you for keeping one of my Favourite CAS challenge sites still running

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen