3 January 2024

Rainbow birthday card

The first official challenge card created in 2024 was an easy one to pick up and run with and today I'm playing along with AAA Birthday Card challenge wanting rainbows or rainbow colours.

I always think of Laura Bassen when rainbow colours are mentioned and I'm using some products that she taught with at SCT's Fall 2022 class and I loved that card and was going to remake it using different colour inks this time, when I had a brainwave; maybe because I'd had the DSP pad out to use for the tag card I made the other day, just to use rainbow DSP. 

You can see my tag card HERE and the card I made with Laura and SCT HERE.


There's actually minimal colouring, the DSP does all the heavy lifting but still a rainbow of colours in the jar of Copics used:




I've used die-cuts to add dimension as "dimension is life" and I've slightly offset a black HOORAY die-cut to add a hint of a shadow. I have to admit the scalloped mat was one I had cut for another project and didn't use and as I am still tidying up odds and sods for the grandkids day care to create with that seemed a really good use of the mat.

Supply List:
Stamps: Little Gnome Agenda (ME), Yah! Birthday (HA), Itty Bitty Celebrations (MFT)
Paper: Really Rainbow DSP (LF), Chamomile (SP)
Dies: Scalloped Contour (SU!), Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables (LF)
Other: Copics
Challenges: AAA Birthday #57



Well it's great to start replenishing my birthday card box as I must admit it's been full on Christmas cards and tags creating at the end of 2023 and if you do join in you have until the end of January to enter, so lots of time and who doesn't like a cheerful rainbow card for their birthday.

✿Karen✿

4 comments:

  1. What a great take on the challenge, Karen! Love your rainbow Hooray and the cute little gnome. Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday, hope you'll join us again. Take care, keep crafting and have fun! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, this was a great fun challenge to kick off 2024 with.

      Delete
  2. Love this - great rainbow die cut and a cute little character too.

    Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Helen, this was different than what I normally create but I loved how it turned, so thanks for pushing me outside my comfort zone.

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen