2 January 2024

A is for Altenew

One of my online crafty friends Anne from Shack's Papercraft has challenged herself to use NBUS stamps in 2024. She's starting off with Altenew, so I thought I could join in for January too and give some of my never before used stamps (NBUS) from Altenew some love.

I know she overdid it a bit in December but hoping she's feeling up to starting on A is for Altenew real soon.
 
The first set I grabbed is Moments in Time which has incredibly lovely sentiments, which could be used on multiple encouragement cards. I did some easy (rough) watercolouring with my Zig Real Color brush markers.


I've stamped the image using Lawn Fawn's Crunchy Leaf ink as I wanted a soft brown stamped image and as you can see looking at the sentiment which I have stamped with my Versafine Pinecone, it is much too dark. ZIGs used : Shadow Mauve #303, Milk Tea #607, Sepia #605, Bright Flamingo #216 and Lime Green #409. I've used a slightly damp no. 2 paintbrush to spread the colour. The gems are from Homey Bee. I used Strathmore Bristol smooth for the image as that is my favourite paper to colour with my ZIGs and I mounted up on Neenah Natural White as that is off-white.

I've still got more unused Altenew sets so will try and make more cards in January using them as time permits but we have tennis on TV and we're also going camping at Whangamata, so I have good intentions, I'm  just not sure if there will be time. I do intend to use more of what I have already bought in 2024 and not just buy as "I have to have it".

✿Karen✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen