21 January 2024

January Create and Connect: Craft Along

I had a really lovely afternoon crafting along with Heather and Lea from Pinkfresh Studios doing their monthly classes they offer via Zoom. It's great to chat and craft with everyone and if you're brave enough you can chat for real in Zoom. The classes are really reasonable and they have announced February's Craft Along already. Next month they're working with Poppy Mix background stamp which I don't own but I'm going to have a go using my Magnolia background stamp.

But back to this month's Craft Along they were using Nothing but the Best stamp set which I received as part of my kit for their bigger Virtual event in February 2023, so I was rapt I didn't have to think too much about what stamp set I was using this month. That's where my list of supplies ended apart from the ink and I had to be creative as I didn't actually own their slimline essentials they were using but used what was in my stash (Mama Elephant's Slimline Basic dies and SU! scallop circle dies) to "recreate" as best as I could. 

I didn't actually own the slimline Heart Builder stencil but when I saw the instructions I thought how cool is that and I was lucky my local craft store had it in stock and I love it. These are the 2 cards I created and don't they look fab, even if I say so myself.


The first card I was so pleased with my blending using PFS 1/2" small blender brushes on the large images (roses and leaves). I've had the brushes for ages but this was the first time I thought I've done it right, darker in the middle and blending out towards the edge. I was working on my Waffle Flowers grip mat but I have a bigger white glass mat and maybe that helped. It certainly felt more comfortable.

This was a really simple colour palate using only 4 ink colours: Candied Apple, Fruit Punch, Marigold and Atlantis. The intense colours were created with a second stencil. I think the white embossed vellum flowers underneath are a touch of genius. The coloured image had been gold embossed using a detail gold powder. I've used Ruby Glitter drops (PFS) and Balmy Blue card stock (SU!). I also was a bit out on cutting in half the large one piece image but it doesn't really matter. The vellum underlay has been cut in the same "wrong" place and the vellum piece is the "other half". There were lots of places to hide the glue for the vellum layers too. I've used another PFS stamp set Perfect Sentiments as I wanted a bigger Happy Birthday which I have gold embossed in the same embossing powder and mounted up on 2 more plain white die-cuts.



The second card was so easy to create - just a stamped image with glitter drops - all the wow is the fab stencil which has a blend of 3 inks but using one ink would provide a gradient too. This is Lea's card and she used a smaller scallop frame which visually I liked better but I was working with what I owned.



Ink colours used for the blends were:
  • Cherry Blossom, Peony, Begonia
  • Lemon Whip, Sunshine, Sweet Mustard
  • Waterfall, Turquoise, Paradise
Gems I used were Aqua glitter drops, Butterscotch glitter drops, Twilight Ombre glitter drops

The card base is Lawn Fawn's Guava as  I thought it was a good match for Begonia. I think is a really effective card with the black and white image on the coloured background.

Well another fab Craft Along and I'm really looking forward to next month's Craft Along PLUS I did sign up for their next event where I receive new products that they are doing with Pretty Pink Posh. I was in two minds whether I would sign up for the dearer event where I receive product as I am really enjoying these monthly Craft Alongs but I love Pretty Pink Posh and now I see what we are getting in our kit I am really pleased and excited I did go for it.

Well it's another hot and sticky day in NZ, hopefully some rain is coming soon but I think I can hide from the sun in my craft room. Hope you have a great day and thanks for popping in.
✿Karen✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen