11 November 2008

SBS Challenge 5 - A Festive Affair

Can't believe another challenge been & done. This week's one was "perfect" as I was using the following card at a Mother & daughter's evening at my local community house last Friday (yes so many people so little time lately).

These were our instructions: to use 2 different patterned paper and glitter anywhere on your card! I was using up scraps of Dashing DSP on making Rachael's wee treat box & thought it would be fun to make a matching card & borrowed my friend's Festive Favourites - but her snow stamp was missing but Itty Bitty Backgrounds kinda worked. I really liked how the scraps looked on the card!

Stamp sets: Festive Favourites, Tags for All, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Ink: Basic Black, Old Olive, Real Red, Certainly Celery, Creamy Caramel
Card Stock: Old Olive, Whisper White, Real Red, Dashing DSP
Other: Dazzling diamonds glitter, 2-way glue pen, dimensionals, word window punch, red grosgrain ribbon

PS I will post pictures of the cute happy kids when I see my neighbour & friend Joan who was one of the lovely J's that helped me on the night. So a BIG thank you to Joan, Judy & Janine - couldn't have done it without you girls. They were trying to think of a suitable name for me starting with J too so we could be the 4 J's but good things take time................

5 comments:

  1. Great creations Karen. I'm hoping to meet this challenge tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Karen! You do amazing work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice card! I miss that set and that paper:(
    Thanks for playing:)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card.
    Hugs Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Great job on the challenge and really cute little ensemble as a result!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen