25 January 2023

2023 Crafting Resolutions and Copic colouring skin and hair

A recent post shared my December colouring class from Kit and Clowder which I was really happy with the class was called Captive Charms but it used an image called "Queen of Fire" by Hannah Lynn and I was pretty happy with it all. 

One of my resolutions this year is to unsubscribe from receiving so many emails and watching so many videos on YouTube, there are too many goodies out there for me and I can't afford them all, so for the moment I'll stick to my current 3 favourite stamping companies, Pinkfresh Studios, Lawn Fawn and MFT Stamps (My Favorite Things) and Spellbinders embossing folders and stencils from any company - the latter 2 are around $15NZD so not a biggie if I like them a lot. 

Virtual events with stamps etc: I am also going to continue to get my SCT Crop and Create Cardmaking big box of goodies, next event is March so not long to go and also the virtual events with Pinkfresh Studios and that starts in approximately one month from today. They were both such great value last year.

Virtual events and use your own stash are also very cost effective classes with lots of inspiration.

I had originally budgeted on doing my monthly colouring classes from Kit and Clowder until I worked out I have 57 classes on file and I've only done 7 of them over the last 6 years. I have done a few of the mini bonus classes rather than the big class so being tough and decided I can't buy anymore new colouring classes until I clear some of the back log. Which is why at the moment I am doing a class from July 2017 (Lilly the dancing princess). Wanting to colour skin and hair more realistically was the reason I started Copic colouring in the first place but this class is also reminding me how hard it is to do them well. The first image below I coloured along with Alyce and her video tutorial and I was actually quite happy with it.


Of course I decided to tweak the skin to make the highlight on her right cheek lighter but I obviously did it wrong as I ended up with a really obvious ring with the shadow ink (E04) so decided I would colour up the 2nd image I had printed on the same page with the blend and I don't think my blend is as smooth but I managed it in less than 5 minutes. So a big win!!! My highlights on the cheek still need working on but was extremely happy with my second go at her teeny tiny lips I even got a highlight on her bottom lip! LHS is first image and RHS is just me "doing it".


It took me 2 days to get the courage and the time to do the hair as I can control my Copics to do a really thin line with a flick in a STRAIGHT line on a practice sheet but when I try and do it with a curve in an image for hair its pretty out of control and not very thin. This is my first go at doing it colouring along with Alyce and the video, it's actually not horrible if you don't look too closely.


This is my second go with me just doing it all by myself and to be honest I can see my hair flicks are thinner here and follow the outline better but somewhere in the middle maybe best to get more "highlights".


And side by side, again the LHS is me colouring along with Alyce and the RHS is me just going for it.



I'm actually happy with both, now I had better get onto also finishing of another class from last years SCT Crop and Create Class before my BIG box for the "Spring event" arrives soon.

✿ Karen ✿
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen