14 January 2023

Time to restart challenging myself in 2023

It's a new year and life is nearly back to normal, think I have one more trip to the beach to squeeze in with my partner but feel confident to say I can start looking at my favourite challenge sites and start doing challenges again. Saying that some of my favourite sites are still on their "holiday breaks" so I can ease myself back in slowly and very thankful that both AAA challenge sites were perfect IMO. I love bears and I have a lot of birthdays coming up in the next 2 months so I have combined their current challenges to create this cute "bear" birthday card which is CAS.

AAA cards wants "bears":

and AAA birthday cards "anything birthday goes":


I have one favourite bear stamp set which I got in 2016 and I have used all the bear images in the set apart from one, so I have inked up that one and coloured with my Copic markers today.


Copics used (dark>>light):
Bear body: E59/57/33/53
Bear muzzle/nose/ear lobes/cheeks: E53/51, W6/4, R20
Mint-green icing: G05/03/02/000
Cake: Y04/02/00
Cake board: E47/44/43
Hat: G09/05/03


Supply List:
Stamps: Beary Special Birthday (MFT) and matching dies
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper: Xpress-IT blending, Neenah white
Other: Additional A2 Layers (WF), stamping foam squares (SP), white gelly pen (Sakura), Crystal glaze (Nuvo), Copic markers

Well he's a wee cutie and his tummy looks a bit like mine post-Christmas. I am not sure why it's taken me 6 years to ink him up but I think we'll see it much sooner again. Both challenges have 1-2 weeks still to run so there is plenty of time to join in the fun. I never really worry about having enough cards in my stash since I have started doing challenges and I give away a lot to family as RAK's or as gifts and I also don't feel so guilty about all the supplies I have accumulated over the years too. So if you haven't made any New Year's resolutions I challenge you .... to enter some card challenges.

EDITED: AAA cards runner-up :)



✿ Karen ✿

6 comments:

  1. That's super cute, love the punny sentiment. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges And the AAA Card Challenges too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maaike this was the perfect challenge from both sites to get me started in 2023

      Delete
  2. Beautiful job coloring your images. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us on the AAA Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little cutie, and such a lovely CAS card and beautiful colouring too! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday and AAA Cards! I hope you'll join us in future challenges too. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!
    (and I'm not at all jealous of you going to the beach ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cute and Adorable Card Karen.
    Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen