15 January 2023

Lots of fussy cutting

I have just completed my first virtual Vicki Boutin class which was from my SCT Crop and Create Cardmaking Delivered from way back in October 2022. Sickness and Christmas meant I never finished all my classes. After 5 years of working a graveyard shift I don't want to muck around with what little sleep patterns I have so I won't do a class before 6am my time; so at the time I think I did 2-4 classes per day in my day time.

I did all my homework/prep for all classes and this class had probably the most prep and I can see why she is renown for fussy cussing (cutting) we had a lot to do but it was something we used to do a lot of before dies and it's quite therapeutic to do whilst watching TV.

This was a mini class but we still received in our box a stamp set, some dies to match the stamp set but not a die for every stamp and a fab stencil. One of our dies was a gorgeous envelope die which I know I will use again.




I was really looking forward to this class as it was a bit messy/mixed media so when I thought to myself I have to start on all the classes I hadn't done this was the first one I chose to do.

We made a slimline card and I learnt to do stencil stamping/kissing, which is such a great idea. In a nutshell it is:
  • ink blend through a stencil with your ink colour (fossilized amber)
  • rather than clean the inked stencil mist with a little water
  • flip and press into a new card panel
  • hold in place and ink blend a new ink colour through the back (saltwater taffy), she recommended using a clean foam dome so as not to contaminate your ink pad but my foam appeared to be just pink when I was finished but looking at my panel I didn't really mist heavily enough or have enough ink. Vicki got a much heavier coverage with her wet fossilized amber than I achieved.



The slimline card:



What fun colourful cards and all the fussy cussing, oops I mean fussy cutting was so worthwhile.

Wow this is my 1000th blogpost, I started blogging late 2007, so 15 years to reach 1000, some years I have blogged lots and some years hardly at all. The non-blogging periods are normally when I take a step away from crafting. I really seem to be enjoying crafting at the moment so I'm sure I'll reach the 2000th post in less than 15 years. I don't always blog everything but maybe I'll try and blog more to get there faster next time.

#cropandcreatedelivered #SCTbigboxevent
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen