17 January 2023

Copic "maps"

When I first started colouring I used to colour in the same image with multiple blends, write the blend underneath and then save all in a wee book, I still refer to this book for my hair and skin colour combos even now. It's a great resource.

This was my first go at trying to work out how I would colour in this case a wee teddy brown way back in 2016 and you can see how that card worked out if you click HERE.



 Hopefully my Copic colouring has "improved" since 2016. I like adding a much darker shade of brown from another E series lately to enhance the shadow. But I do see above I was mixing the E50s and E30s even back then.

 As you may have seen I have been colouring in a lot of beavers lately so I have started a new Copic map to add to my wee book with space for a few more combos to be added. 



I saw a new colour combo to me the E47/33/31/30 (bottom LHS) which is why I tried it and I liked it and then thought I would try it against colour combos I have been using lately.

There's not a huge difference between them but I like the new colour combo the best. I saw this combo being used by Cloud9 Crafts when they made an adorable handmade envelope on a YouTube video, it's not very long if you want to check it out HERE. They also used a different green combo for the cat tail which wasE17/15/13 and G17/00/000 I seem to have lost my G17,so I used G16 above, I also added a wee highlight with my white gel pen.

The top LHS combo I found watching Lien from IdeaIntoReality using on a different critter and I used that brown combo on my CAS Birthday Bear card I blogged a few days ago.

The top RHS combo is a common combo that Lawn Fawn/Jenn Shurkus uses and I have been using it since I did my virtual class with Jenn on all sorts of critters.

The bottom RHS combo is just me removing the E57 from the top LHS combo.

I like colouring like this as you don't really have to be perfect and it's quick and easy at the end of the day but I like having a visual check I can see if I need it.

A friend of mine is about to start her Copic journey and I said it's sad but the Es to me are the most valued marker as you can do so much with them, they are also used for colouring skin and hair too.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen