16 January 2023

A colourful class

There's TWO things you know you are going to get in a Laura Bassen class rainbow colour and dimension , as "dimension is life". As I am home, I can do what I want and I didn't add dimension to the ink blended layer on my 2nd card (which is on the LHS below). Unfortunately my Scotch roll of foam is not as big as hers.


I'm whittling away my left-over classes from my SCT Crop and Create Cardmaking Delivered event, in anticipation of my new big box of goodies arriving in about a month's time.

Laura's class was a main class in that we got 90 minutes with her to make our 3 cards. I sucessfully made the first card "live" and then I think I paused the live stream to go and make a coffee and it hadn't paused, so when I got back she was on card 3. At the time I thought no worries I'll just sit back sip my coffee and enjoy the stream. Five months later here are cards 2 and 3. Card one which I think is maybe my favourite you can see the blog post from 6 October 2022  HERE and you'll also see the items we received from Hero Arts for this class in our box.

Laura's cards are always easy cards in the scheme of things and she uses colour and dimension to give WOW. For our second card I went with my mini distress inks for my rainbow blend and we ink blended a light layer of ink on our card stock:


She said you didn't have to be perfect as the next step was to ink blend through the stencil a much heavier, darker layer:





I love the stamped sentiments in our stamp set we received (Yah, Birthday Bundle) they look like they have a shadow layer but it's all one stamp.


We have smooshed the ink pads onto a palette and lightly watercoloured the cake image. So it was a quick and easy card to do and I have used that stencil on multiple cards since receiving it, it's really useful.

The last card was a rainbow of candles and we used our stamp positioner to move the candles, re-ink, move, re-stamp etc. Someone in the comments suggested having removable tape on an angle to keep our candles all lined up which was a great idea. We just eyeballed it I obviously didn't move my candle stamp far enough as I got 14 candles as opposed to Laura's 11. It's still a happy rainbow of candles and shock horror it's a one layer card apart from WISH which is popped up on foam tape. I used my Pinkfresh Studio inks for stamping as they are bright and cheery.


Well some more fun birthday cards for my 2023 stash which is just as well as I have a lot of birthdays coming up. Even more fun is that I now only have 9 more classes to go ..... So catch you all soon.

✿ Karen ✿

#cropandcreatedelivered #SCTbigboxevent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen