10 January 2023

Wood You Be Mine?

This was the name of the Lawn Fawn Create with Us class from the weekend. If you haven't seen one before they are a very relaxed and quite slow paced class with Jenn  and Kelly Marie. You can download from their website a PDF showing supplies used, prep to do before "class" if you want to create with them plus a step-by-step Copic colouring guide.

As a recently converted "fawnie" I joined the hype for their latest release which was Valentine's Day. At my age V-day isn't a biggie but I normally make my partner a card but the cute wee beavers in the release can be used with the other Lawn Fawn critters to make scene cards. Someone on the live stream commented that you can send cards to all your gal pals and make it Happy Galentine's Day which is a nice idea. 

I was crafting along to this class with my stamping bestie Sarah and we both thought we would send cards to our wee nieces as we know how excited young girls get about Valentine's day.

Card One


Card Two

I pretty well used everything as per the PDF file of supplies with the following being used instead as I didn't have the "right" supply:
  • Falling Hearts stencil (LF) - they were using last year's heart stencil and I think it would definitely have worked better for the ink-blending background card on card 1 but I actually think the falling hearts stencil worked best for the second card where you blended into the blue
  • Card One: I used Catherine Pooler inks: Catching Rays, Do Si Do and Cummerbund for the blended background. I added extra hearts from SSS Mini Hearts dies (I just used the CP inks to colour some white card stock) and added Nuvo Crystal Glaze on top.
  • Card Two: I used  Distress Oxides: Saltwater Taffy and Salvaged Patina  I added an extra string of hearts from Heart Garland Background: Portrait (LF) and then lots of  Nuvo clear sparkle pen to the red hearts and wee bow, inside there are more garlands and a cute wee saying "Hope you have a dam good day".
  • Coloured card stock : Sweet Sorbet (SU!), Flirty Flamingo (SU!), green DSP was from Pleased as Punch pack (SU!)
Both Sarah and I enjoyed that immensely. I have a class with Jenn Shurkus later in the month using the same supplies again so looking forward to that.
#lfcreatewithus
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen