26 January 2023

Watercolouring with Kristina

Yes the one and only Kristina Werner was the teacher for our Mama Elephant class for my SCT Crop and Create class. Kristina is one of my stamping idols, my friend Judy Beetson and myself used to love watching her Make a Card Mondays and we both had a lot of fun colouring this Gorguss doll Ruby together. Looking at my blog post from 2015 I think my watercolouring skills were a lot better back then than now but that may have had something to do with the size of our image. You too can see that blog post if you click on "Gorguss doll Ruby" above.

Back to 2023, I had better stay on target and not reminisce about the past but I sincerely miss Make a Card Mondays and my bestest stamping buddy Judy. Kristina's class at the event was the 2nd main class on day 2 unfortunately it kicked off at my 5.30am, now as much as I love you Kristina I ain't getting out of bed at 5.30am. I knew if I did that would be my only class for the day as I would be back in bed sleeping after it finished. 

We got a pile of goodies in the class kit: the stamp set called Feel Better, matching dies, a stand alone Feel Better Soon die, Canson watercolour paper, water brush, Ranger embossing ink pad and Ranger white embossing powder - wow. Below are the 3 cards I KReated with the stamps and dies.


Aren't they just adorable and so appropriate right now as I either have bad hay fever or another summer cold! This set is so cute, as you can see there are 2 bunnies in the set and the die cuts there arms as well so they can be holding items. The bed also cuts above the duvet a slit so you can insert the bunny into bed!!! The class was called watercolor get well cards and we worked with Distress Ink pads to do our watercolouring. Kristina's tip was when using a water brush don't fill it with water just dip it in your jar of water to paint with. I mainly used my watercolour brushes I have here (#2,4,8) but as you can see I painted card 3 with it just for the sake of the lesson.

Here are the 3 cards and then in order of class but for the class we actually just coloured everything up and made our backgrounds. When all was dry (heat gunned) we stamped sentiments and constructed cards. For our homework we had already done all the stamping and cutting of panels, so we were good to go. I would actually have struggled to keep up as it took me 2 hours but I was wondering back and forth to the laundry to wash everything in-between. Main classes are 90 minutes and then 30 minutes Facebook Live so you can ask questions directly to the teacher.


Card One:


Card Two:



And last but not least card 3:


My watercolouring is a bit dark so I can see the trick is to water the ink smoosh on my palette a little bit more but also not have too much on my brush. 

#cropandcreatedelivered

1 comment:

  1. I totally avoid watercoloring - there's just no control over the results and I do like control! But I like the results you got - both now and in the past!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen