14 December 2022

More Beachy Christmas tags

I am just in love with this set and when I saw Jenn Shurkus creating a card with it I thought I would change the colour combos I was using and do it the Jenn way. I was in the middle of making more tags and sticking them directly to boxes of Scorched Almonds for wee gifts. If you click on Jenn's name above it will take you to her video. 

The supply list is the same as the tags I was making HERE but have swapped to some old Real Red Bazzil card stock that SU! used to sell to match my boxes. I also changed the wave stencil to one I had bought from SSS called Surf and Sand as I really didn't like the one I used on the first lot and changed to Tumbled Glass distress oxide for blending the waves. I have used my Nuvo Crystal Glaze on the middle of the surfboard and for the sunglasses. Tiny drops also added to lights, then a sprinkle of glitter.

Copics used (darkest colour first):
Surfboard: YG09/05 and BG13/11
Coconut trunk: E37/33
Coconuts: E49/47
Coconut fronds: YG09/05
Lights (ROYGBIV minus the V): RV13/Y38/Y15/YG05/BG13 >> repeat
Santa's cap: R35/RV13/RV21
Santa's skin: E51 and R20 for cheeks
Santa's whiskers/beard: W2 on outside line
Shirt:  BG13/11 and RV21 dotted in middle of flowers
Pants: E37/33
Sun: YR04/Y38/Y11 - tri-blend in centre, rays are just Y11 with a thin circle of Y38


Inside says SEAsons Greetings ;)

Jenn had some good comments in the video and it is well worth watching and I would highly recommend doing a class with her even if it is just one of the free Create with Us class with her and Kelly, they are a really nice pace. One of her comments was when doing a scene card to not use too many colours, so the blends for everything are the same ie surfboard and shirt, surfboard and fronds in palm, tree trunk and shorts etc... 

Also at the first class I did with her at SCT Crop and Create Cardmaking delivered was that Lawn Fawn's stamps outer lines are a little thicker and make Copic colouring easier. At that time I was colouring up squirrels and sunflowers and she was so right. The other cool thing I am discovering with Lawn Fawn is that they only have a few releases a year, they don't retire stuff that often and the sets all work with each other as all approximately the same size, so you will be seeing more Lawn Fawn in my card making next year.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen