30 December 2022

Relaxing with my Copic colouring

Gosh Summer has arrived in New Zealand with a bang, just in time for Christmas holidays and instead of a gradual build up to the heat we've gone from asking is Summer ever coming? ... to it has arrived!

Post Christmas, I'm feeling pretty relaxed and hiding from the sun, so I have been playing with my Copics. I spent a few days working on my monthly marker class with Kit and Clowder "Holiday Charms" which is coming along great but it's also quite intensive and I have to concentrate as lots of small details.



So before starting on the frame, skin and hair etc I decided I would spend a few days doing some easy cute colouring. So I had a go at making the first card that Kelly and Jenn taught with Beary Rainy Day for Lawn Fawn's Create with Us series. This series is something I have only discovered recently and each session has a wee handout with cutting and colouring instructions and pictures of the final card. There is a video you can create along with or in my case I watch and make a few notes on the handout, then go and create at my own pace. But the pace live is very relaxing and doable. The colouring is cute and easy but I learnt  how to use "Liquid Stardust" plus there were quite a few steps in it's creation.


I have pretty well followed the list of supplies as per the handout. As I don't own Hickory Smoke distress oxide I used Iced Spruce instead, as that oxide has a hint of green in it I added a bit of G00 and G000 to the umbrella colouring. I don't own many Toner grey markers in my Copic collection so used Warm greys instead. I also don't own the die that they used to make the bow but used another Lawn Fawn die "Christmas Garland". Strathmore Bristol smooth paper was used to do my blending on, distress oxides love it.

I have never used Lawn Fawn's liquid stardust before and the sparkle is real fun and different but I was nearly going to remake my blended piece as had some bleed under the stencil. I had a big blob at one spot but the wee jumping frog covered it up perfectly. I was in a rush to get out the door to go shopping and wanted to get it down so it could dry whilst I was away, so note to self take more time next time but it is a really fun accent and looks amazing on the "SPLASH".


Well I enjoyed making this card immensely. I have to say since discovering Lawn Fawn and all the great tutorials I am sold. They really do videos on how to use all their products with lots of suggestions from the DT plus these free Create with Us classes have so many resources we can use with all our stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen