4 May 2023

New home

I wanted to make a wee card to send to some friends who are moving out of their family home into a townhouse this weekend. Having moved myself twice in one year I know how physically exhausting it is moving in your 60s and also how poignant it is to leave what has been "your home" with all of it's memories and having to say goodbye to your neighbours, family etc. At least they are not moving cities like me.

I'm using the challenges at CAS on Friday (new home) and Less is More (A is for Automobile) to help me KReate my card which was quick and easy to put together.


It would have been a one layer card but oops I put my card in my MISTI the wrong way, so had to die cut out the top layer using my A2 layer dies from Waffle Flower.

I have lightly ink blended a tad of Mowed Lawn and Lost Shadow distress oxides on the background. My wee images come from Lawn Fawn's Happy Village and I have coloured up with my Copics.

Reds: R46/35/32
Greens: YG17/25/03
Browns: E37/33
Yellows: Y06
Greys: T1/0
Pale blue: BG000/0000




Well I sincerely hope the move goes smoothly for them and they enjoy their new home. There is lots of time to play along with both challenges and this is a "card-type" that is nice to have in your stash.

EDITED 12/5/23: Absolutely honoured to be chosen as the winner of the challenge with CAS on Friday.


EDITED 17/5/23: And the wee car was also showCASed at LIM as well, so I would have to say this was a winning design.



✿ Karen ✿

5 comments:

  1. Hi Karen and thanks for playing along at 'Less Is More' with your charming CAS card ..... loving your images and colouring ..... Sid xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card and I love the colours so pretty and beautifully Cas ,thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet card! Love the image and sentiment! And, your coloring is spot on. Thanks for sharing with us at LIM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute and adorable card that you've created here, love the background you did for the car/tree. Thank you for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the kind comments from the Less is More team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen