24 May 2023

More magical mess!

I played 2 weeks ago with my shimmer powders and at the time I wasn't really that happy how it all worked out, you can see that post HERE. I thought I would have another go with some subtler colours from Lindys Magicals range.

I had seen a video of someone after my first attempt using an old stamp packaging packet to smoosh on some colour to make a watercolour wash so that was my starting point. 


I still think it looks a hot mess but it was my first go using CTMH Watercolor Paper which you can purchase as 12" x 12" packs, I'm guessing to make a watercolour page to scrapbook on. It's a lightweight watercolor paper so I wouldn't want to add too much water but it worked fine for what I was attempting to do here. You get 10 sheets in a pack (Z3146) but it doesn't seem to be available anymore to purchase, so no bargains of the year to be had.

Supply List:
Stamps: Floral Bliss (SSS), Inky Bouquet (PFS - sentiment)
Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturne, Versamark
Paper: Watercolor (CTMH), Terracotta Tile (SU!), Neenah White #110
Lindy's Magicals: Salt Water Taffy, Cape Cod Coral
Other: Pixie Dust Ombre glitter drops (PFS), white EP

I wasn't happy with the white opaque film in some places, doing some research it seems like their are opaque and transparent Magicals. My magicals came from a Nantucket Pearls set, so I'm guessing these are "opaque".

I thought I'd have another go dissolving some Magical in a few drops of water and then painting this time using a thicker watercolour paper. I think this was better and then thought I'd do a few splatters. I should have left well enough alone but then decided to do a more diluted wash and I'm not sure if that was a good idea as the "splatters" reactivated with more liquid touching them.


Supplies as above but Smoky Slate card stock from SU! and Fabriano Artistico extra white cold pressed watercolour paper. Starry Night Ombre drops and I have clear embossed the "thank you". I have added a few more magicals to the mix (Whale Watch Blue, Sea Grass Green and Rusty Lantern Lime) plus Lemon Yellow Color Burst powder from Ken Oliver Crafts.

The 2 cards side by side:


Well again the cards didn't turn out how I wanted but think I'm learning a wee bit more each time, hopefully I'll be closer to how I envisage it appearing in "my head" where all card ideas are waiting for me to try. Thanks for popping in.
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen