10 May 2023

Floral Bliss

Good morning all, its still pouring down with rain in Hamilton and if I didn't need to go out to finish of Mother's Day present etc I'd think yah I can play all day in my craft room. My poor country, parts of it are under emergency management, we no longer are land of the long white cloud but land of the torrential weather bomb.

But back to the crafting I was trying to play along with the gorgeous inspiration board from the latest Just Add Ink challenge and also combine it with The Flower Challenge "soft pastels", theoretically a match made in heaven as JAI is soft and dreamy Also it's interesting that JAI's picture has inspired more lilac cards than pink ones, I saw pink as the predominant colour but thought I would do a SOFT wash of pink and lilac to cover all bases.

Well I now know no matter how much water you try and tone down Nuvo's Cherry Bomb shimmer powder it's never becoming a soft pink!  I really like the concept of what I was trying to do for the challenges and going to share my card but trying to tone down the Cherry Bomb made it a bit of a mess. it's still pretty and the good thing was I had fun making it.



Supply List:
Stamps: Floral Bliss (SSS), Stripe-tastic Edge (YNS), Inky Bouquet (PFS and it's matching die)
Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturne, Versamark, Dragonfruit (C9)
Paper: Distress Watercolor (RNG), Black, Neenah #110
Nuvo Shimmer Powders: Cherry Bomb and Lilac Waterfall
Other: Twilight Ombre glitter drops (PFS), white EP

So back to the challenge and hopefully a more pastel look, this time I thought I would watercolor in with a paint brush so I could control the intensity of the colour. So I got out my Gansai Tambi Pearl paints (pink, lemon yellow, may green, white gold)  and my Zig Pearlescent watercolours (black pearl) to play with. Well I've managed to mute it down but I like the brighter one best but am using this card for the challenges as much softer. 



Supply List:
Stamps: Floral Bliss (SSS),  Inky Bouquet (PFS and it's matching die)
Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturne, Versamark, 
Paper: Distress Watercolor (RNG), Black, Neenah #110
Other: Magic Potion Ombre glitter drops (PFS), white EP, Gansai Tambi Pearl paints, Zig Pearlescent watercolour paints, Master Layouts 1 die set (GKD)
Challenges: JAI #651 , TFC #80



I may have another go at the Flower Challenge, not that I am very good with pastels as it's a monthly challenge but unfortunately Just add Ink's closes today so I'll finish with both are "better than horrible" and I'd have no problem using them to give to somebody.

✿ Karen ✿

4 comments:

  1. Both very pretty card Karen. I really love the effect of the shimmer powder - a great background effect. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantell a really good challenge

      Delete
  2. Those shimmer powders are fabulous for bright colors (they are my favs too), and I love how your first card turned out, but for the pastels for The Flower Challenge, your watercoloring of the embossed design is totally delightful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stef happy to have found your challenge site, it may justify me having bought so many flower stamps

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen