1 May 2023

A challenge!

Playing around with the challenge for CAS Colours and Sketches to make a slimline card, which is something I struggle with BUT the big challenge is to take a picture, I've snapped my card on the kitchen bench at 10pm at night and I am not even sure if it is focused.


I used up scraps on my desk for the card (the DSP and Sizzix gold glitter paper). I started off with a 7.5" x 6" piece of Neenah White #110 which I scored at 3", my DSP is 3.5" x 2.5" and is from the Oceans Ink Drops (Craft Consortium). I have stamped a sentiment from Altenew's Magnolia Ballerina in Versafine black ink and then clear embossed to try and make it pop. I ended up flattening my card in my big shot as the paper seemed to warp heat embossing it, so I have a debossed die-cut from Honey Bees Springtime Greenery. I think I may need to run my dehumidifier if my card stock is this wet and winter hasn't even started.

EDITED 2nd May: the sun is shining and I'm out of bed early to snap hopefully a better piccie.



This was very easy to put together quickly so a really effective sketch to follow along with!


There may not be time to join in now but do check out the fab other cards on the site.
EDITED 5/5: Amazingly my card was chosen as one of the fabulous favourites by the DT. Thank you all so very much!



✿ Karen ✿

6 comments:

  1. Oh that dsp is gorgeous, I love the simple gold spring on top - very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lesley hopefully the DSP looks prettier today now it is brighter to snap it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - I love it when scraps can be used to "rescue" the day. Always makes me feel better when I can use up the old stuff. The DSP is a gorgeous paper, lends itself perfectly as a watery backdrop for a piece of coral. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen