31 May 2023

I was challenged by this colour palette

I really like the colours in this weeks Just Add Ink colour challenge but I was totally stumped on how I could use them in a card. It's been great seeing all the inspiration from the DT and some of the entrants and have pinned some cool ideas for future but it still wasn't helping ME to create a card with the colours.

To be honest I nearly gave up but pleased I thought let's have a go with one of my new stencils I bought from the Spring release for Honey Bee Stamps a few months ago. It's a very cool 6" x 6" stencil set which is totally clear so it is very easy to line up. In the set there are 4 stencils large flowers, small flowers, stems and leaves. I added a darker green to the mix so the stems looked different. A simple banner die from an old set and viola a bright, cheery card which has not a lot of white space and NO PINK to be seen!!

One of the great things I like about doing challenges apart from being challenged is I try and make sure I use something new I bought to (a) work out how it works and (b) to justify why I had to buy it, so I'll also enter my card at the Never-Before Used-Stauf challenge.



Supply List:
Stamps: Oh Hey (banner die and sentiment - C9)
Ink: Parakeet Party (SU!), Granny Apple Green (SU!), Tahitian Tide (SU!), Sunshine (PFS), Versamark
Paper: Tahitian Tide, Neenah Solar White 110#, Lavinia Multifarious
Other: Folk Art Daisy stencils (HB), Blending Brushes (TE), A2 Layer dies (WF), white EP
Challenges: JAI #654, NBUS #50





Thanks for popping in.

EDITED 1/6/23: Absolutely surprised and delighted that I was chosen by the JAI team. You all made my day for your lovely kind words.

"Fabulous stenciling and a simple Sentiment banner to keep the focus on the background"

"Wow - the colours and stencil are the perfect match"

"Love her background- it’s perfect!"



✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. That is a fabulous stencil and looks amazing with the JAI challenge colours. So glad you didn’t give up and it’s really lovely. Thanks for playing along with us again.
    Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di I am really happy I didn't give up too.

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen