31 May 2023

Make it Pop

I have to admit Seize the Birthday's latest challenge to make it pop had me a bit stumped for a bit, I was trying to work out what they meant by "make it pop" as it wasn't really that obvious looking at the inspiration from the DT. They always have a "topping" or "anything goes, as long as it's birthday related" but TWO of the DT had champagne bottles on the cards then I realised that was what make it pop was implying so off to look for something related to champagne. I found in my stash an old set from Avery Elle which I used to use for making wine tags so thought that would be bang on with the theme.

I also made an embossed sparkly layer using Hand-drawn Dots background stamp from Stampin' Up! and Raven Sparkle embossing powder from Brutus Monroe.


And inside the card:


Trying to snap how pretty the black sparkly dots are in real life:


I've used my Copics to colour up the champagne goblets, now I've never coloured up champagne before but attempted to emulate the colouring of Melania Deasy HERE. Unfortunately she hasn't listed her Copics used and I'm not as good a colourist as her but am very happy with the final effect.

These are the Copics I used:
B00/000/0000
Y02/00/000/21 YR21


Supply List:
Stamps: Sip, Sip Hooray (and matching die - Avery Elle), Hand-drawn Dots (SU!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Black, Xpress IT blending
Other: Raven Sparkle EP (BM), clear EP, Copic markers, A2 Layer dies (WF), foam squares (SP), white gel pen (Signo)



I have a friend celebrating her 60th birthday soon, so will make a tag to match to go on the champagne bottle for real so very pleased with my classy card that pops.
✿ Karen ✿

4 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the sparkling dots and the shiny champagne glasses. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, Great card using our topping. I love the fun background you used and the colorful way you did your champagne glasses. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday and for using our topping, I am certain you will not be the only one that was a bit stumped at first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, once I worked out what the topping was I felt a wee bit dumb as to why I couldn't work it out

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen