4 May 2023

Shaker card for Mother's Day

I was waiting on my Stylish Oval dies from Spellbinders to turn up before completing the last card Kim Kesti taught for my Spellbinders class, you can see the other 2 cards here. This suite of products is really cool so when I saw we were making a shaker card for a "wedding card" I thought I'd change it for Mother's Day as Pete's mum loves my cards and I don't think I have ever given her a shaker card before. I also have to comment that the ovals in this set are really modern and I like Spellbinder's take on an oval shape in 2023. The die set is also phenomenal value you get SIXTEEN dies for $39 NZD.


This card had lots of hidden details the top layer die cut using the Infinity Punch & Pierce plate uses Barely Peach cardstock which is a truly barely peach. It has been layered behind with Glacier cardstock (which could be renamed barely blue). It is also the palest blue cardstock used in the flowers but they have also been slightly ink blended with tumbled glass distress oxide ink. We then have a layer using the same die in white and it all mounted up on a thick A2 white card base. 

My really old Happy Mother's Day stamp (and yes there is a "day" - it's just hidden by a sequin in this snap) is wood mounted and is a long retired Stampin' Up! stamp, do not ask me what set it came from as when I sold the set I think I sold it as individual word stamps and kept a few from the set I really liked and had nothing else in my stash that were an equivalent. That still holds true this is my ONLY Happy Mother's Day stamp I own. 

I heat embossed the sentiment using WOW's Pearl Gold Sparkle embossing powder and it looks pretty in real life but it's not a very raised emboss and I wish I had just stuck to plain gold but the main problem I think as  I could only stamp once being a wood mounted stamp so not a lot of embossing ink for the powder to stick too and I have just reinked my Versamark pad a few days ago so it's juicy. 

I have added in some sequins from SU! too to the shaker mix, to add more gold plus white to the Aura Opalescent ones from Spellbinders. The flower centres are white cardstock and lightly inked with dried marigold distress oxide to make a pale orange. Other cardstock used came from my class kit and are all Spellbinders card: Raindrop and Glacier (blues), Peridot and Rainforest (greens), Persimmon (orange) and our large leaf arrangement has been snipped to give a different arrangement around the oval.

But what a lovely card for a special occasion - just choose the sentiment to go inside.

✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shaker card. I love these new dies by Spellbinders and am having fun playing with them also. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JoAnn, it was mother's day today and she loved the shaker bits and the flowers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen