8 May 2023

Inspired by Grace

The latest Lawn Fawnatics Challenge is to create a card inspired by one of the design team OR anyone's card. What a fab challenge as if I'm honest the whole of the  Lawn Fawn DT are inspirational and it was  hard to pick one card by a DT member but I seem to be needing "happy retirement" cards lately and I thought this lovely card by Grace Camou would make a fab retirement card. Her card was also featured on the Lawn Fawn blog for the spring release freebie stamp set "Furever Friends" which was FREE with purchases over $60. You can see that post HERE.


I used the cats from the set to sit on the log from Wood You Be Mine as that was a no-brainer for this cat lover but the wee mice are also adorable but not as adorable as cats. 

I have made a standard A2 sized card and created my sunset using Watercolor Wishes 6 x 6" DSP. I stamped my cats onto some Xpress IT blending card stock with Memento Tuxedo black ink and then masked them up. I created a mask using Gina K masking paper which I had stamped on and fussy cut out.  I then stamped the log so the cats were sitting on top of the log. 

I wasn't that happy with my first log placement (the left cat's bum was in the air!), so that became my practice piece and can now go into my Copic blend notebook .


After colouring up the cats and the log I then fussy cut then out. For my background I sponged my "hill" of Kraft card stock with Tea Dye distress ink and splattered a bit on too plus a tad of watered down white acrylic paint to make my sandy beach. Everything else I think is pretty obvious looking at the card.

Lawn Fawn Supplies used:
Stamps: Furever Friends, Wood You Be Mine (log), On the Beach (shells and sentiment)
Dies: On the Beach, Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables, Stitched Hillside, Stitched Simply Wavy Borders, Everyday Sentiment banner
Paper: Watercolor Wishes 6 x 6" DSP

And here is Grace's fabulous shadow box card using Furever Friends I hope I have done an all right job casing her. Relooking at her card now I love the shadow she has on the log from the mice and must try that next time.



 The other fab thing about the Lawn Fawnatic challenges is one lucky entrant wins a $50 shopping spree in the Lawn Fawn shop which would be awesome to win, so wish me luck.
✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the colors and how you colored the kitties! Thank you so much for playing the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha I haven't really coloured up a cat this shape before so was fun to try

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen