7 May 2023

Adorable Birdhouses

I have been really loving and inspired by the cute bird cards Lynn Put from the DT at the Color Throwdown has created as inspiration last week and this week which you can see HERE and HERE.

This week's colours were screaming make a flower card but I wanted to make a bird card like Lynn and I knew I had a cute birdhouse set in my stash from Sunny Studio Stamps which I hadn't even snipped apart until today. Then I discovered I didn't really have a branch to hang my birdhouse on either. So after looking at all my dies I settled on the thin branch and leaves from SU!'s Cherry Blossoms dies which are now retired and they worked really well. I had to snip one end of the cherry blossom die off as it was a curved branch. I have to be honest I haven't used this die before either.

I used up lots of scraps of card stock and even a left over Lawn Fawn flower from making a magic iris card awhile ago. This card has ELEVEN different companies products in it which I think is a record for me. I tried adding a shadow to the leaves with my bundled sage distress oxide but it really was too close a colour and doesn't  show that well. I have added a tad of snowflake Pops of Colour to the flower centre. Otherwise I think it's quite explanatory. The scalloped rectangle was a die set from my SCT class with Lawn Fawn from "Fall 2022" and hasn't been released as yet. It is also possible it is "part of another" Lawn Cuts set already. It measures 3.25" x 4.5" and the inner rectangle is 2.5" x 3.75".



Supply List:
Stamps: So Tweet (CTMH)
Ink: Early Espresso (SU!), Bundled Sage distress oxide (RNG)
Paper: Neenah White #110 and #80, Soft Suede (SU!), Kraft (SU!), Mango Melody (SU!), Lemon Chiffon (SSS), Ballet Slipper (LF), Sage (SP)
Dies: Build-A-Birdhouse (Sunny Studio Stamps), Cherry Blossoms (SU!), Sunflower Greetings (LF), Magic Iris Floral Wreath (LF)
Other: Blending Brushes (TE), Connect glue (GKD), Snowflakes Pop of Colour (SBC), 1mm stamping foam (SP)
Challenges: CTD #741, NBUS#50


Well I am really happy I have used my birdhouse die and didn't make a floral card plus there is still a few days to join in too but if you are time-poor do check out all the fab cards on display at the challenge site, you too maybe inspired to snip apart a die set bought and never used.

I also thought as I try to use never before used stuff for the challenges that I might as well embrace it openly and enter my card also at the official Never-Before-Used-Schtuff challenge site.


EDITED 9 May : I caught their eye at the Color Throwdown

✿ Karen ✿

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! Really love this sweet card, little birdhouse and pretty branch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to meet you, Karen! Your birdhouse card is so pretty in pastels! I love that you used so many products and so many snippets as well as your NBUS! Thank you for inspiring everyone in the NBUS gallery! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet and pretty card, Karen! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the fab colours to work with Broni

      Delete
  5. oh this is so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply cute as can be! I saw this at NBUS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen