1 May 2023

Looking through the window

....at a COOL night sky. 



Hi everyone I'm playing along with Addicted to CAS "window" challenge and AAA's "choose a side" - I'm choosing the cool side of the colour range. It's an extremely grey, wet and miserable day in New Zealand, so that feels like me looking out the window at the cool day.

I was rustling through all my stamps as I thought I had a cat stamp looking out the window but no joy. I've got 3 window dies in my stash and they are quite big, but it was all I had to work with and playing with one of my old card kits the other day I rediscovered how cool it was and one of the cool things it had was a cat die. So really a matter of choosing which window die to use, die cutting out the cat from some scraps of black and then masking and making a "cool sky".

Supply List
Stamps: Friendly Silhouettes (GKD), Big Time Kindness (HB)
Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturne
Distress Oxides (RNG): Black soot, Blueprint Sketch, Cracked Pistachio, Wilted Violet
Paper: Neenah White #110, Black
Dies: Arched French Doors (SSS), Cat (HA My Monthly Hero Feb. 2017 add-on), Outside In stitched rectangle (LF)
Other: Sheer shimmer spritz : sparkle spray (imagine crafts), Copic White



I have so many cat crazy friends, it will be hard to decide who gets this card, but they were cool challenges making me use stuff that have not been used before. 
✿ Karen ✿

7 comments:

  1. Love your scene, esp because my cat of 12 years has passed away last month and he was mostly black (tuxedo) the cooler colors go very well with the thinking of you. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that Maaike I lost my Napster last Easter after 18 and a half years and I still miss "carpet monster". I'm still at the stage he can't be replaced as he was so special to me but they sure steal a big bit of our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great scene you crated Karen. Love that cool sky and your beautiful cat looks perfectly at home gazing out into the garden (with death and destruction on his mind I expect lol!) Thank you for coming to play at Addicted to CAS. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Vicky Im sure my cat is just dreaming of sleeping in the sun

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! That view is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tammy it was fun to create

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen