30 May 2023

Playing with Magicals again

I say magicals, but it is a combination of Lindy's Magicals (cattail copper brown and ponderosa pines olives), Nuvo Shimmer Powders (falling leaves) and Ken Oliver's Color Burst powder (burnt umber).

Lately I have been playing with my shimmer powders trying to do water colour wash backgrounds with limited success. I am happier with today's play and the shimmer is pretty amazing IRL.

AAA Cards current challenge is hot and or cold drink. I was thinking of doing a coffee card but decided I would play with my powders some more and use them to colour up some die cuts. I sprinkled a small amount of powder on my wee glass mat from WRMK and added 1-2 drops of water with a pipette then swiped the die cut through the pools of colour, dried with my Ranger heat tool, and added more colour.


Hopefully you can see the copper shine below better, I'm sure coconut trunks are not coppery and shimmery but wow it does look magical!!


When I think of AAA cards I think smaller images which is where the idea of a cocktail came from. This one comes from a set called On the Beach. I normally do more watercolouring with my Zigs on Strathmore Bristol smooth and even though I'm using the rough side of the Ranger distress watercolor cardstock, the Zigs worked fab on it.


Supply List:
Stamps (all LF): On the Beach (coconut cocktail plus matching die), Beachy Christmas (sentiment and coconuts - hand cut out)
Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturne Black, Early Espresso (SU!)
Paper: Distress watercolor (RNG), Neenah Solar White 110#
Dies: Tropical backdrop (LF)
Zig Real Colour brushes: Dark brown, mid brown, oatmeal, orange, yellow green, light blue, shadow mauve
Other: 1mm foam squares (SP)
Challenges: AAA #241




A few of our family are flying to Fiji on Wednesday for a week, so I'm thinking my subconscious me wants to go too but I hope they enjoy those cocktails in the sun whilst we battle cold, rain and fog back home. There's plenty of time to join in with the challenge as they always give us 2 weeks. I love having some time to think of an idea, create a card and manage to take a picture on a gloomy winter's day. Have a fab day and you can be like me dreaming of cocktails in the sun, thanks for popping in.
✿ Karen ✿

1 comment:

  1. Cracking card - making me hanker after a pina colada... Great use of the powders too, and lovely to see a CAS card entry to the AAA Cards challenge. Thanks for playing along with us!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen