1 June 2023

One layer plus flowers

Sounds easy enough, but again too many ideas in my head, in the end I decided to make almost a monochromatic silhouette card and I'm really pleased how it all turned out for the latest challenge at Less is More. This design is quick easy and very effective and would be great to mass produce for thank you cards.

I've used some old sets from my stash; Watercolor Shapes from Stamping' Up! and Handwritten Floral Greetings, which was Simon Says Stamp monthly kit for July 2016. 

I normally use the circle from the Watercolor Shapes set but thought the rectangle worked best with the silhouette flower. The lovely sentiment comes from the Handwritten Floral Greetings set; if I recall correctly this is Kristina Werner's handwriting. I do miss getting my SSS monthly kits but the shipping costs from USA to NZ plus our terrible NZD makes it possible only occasionally lately.

Inks are from Catherine Pooler Apothecary set (Apricot and Ginger) as I was feeling the love for orange as a cheery colour, its a bit gloomy and grey here today.






There's some very inspirational cards which are easy to recreate for this challenge from the DT and from the other entrants so definitely worth checking them all out and if you can join in too, the challenge finishes early next week so oodles of time.
✿ Karen ✿

6 comments:

  1. Lovely clean and simple card. I like the orange - it's different and cheerful. Thanks for playing over at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie the challenge made me think

      Delete
  2. Lovely make and a great use of the tone on tone colour choice

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card and perfect for our one layer challenge at LIM.The tone on tone works beautifully.thank you so much for playing along.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's really kind and appreciated Marie

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen