21 June 2023

Time to start glittering all the things

Continuing on sharing my Creative Journey Art Retreat with Jenn Shurkus. I think Jenn's most used phrase is "glitter all the things" and this wee card looks amazing without glitter but even better with glitter.


I snapped this yesterday as I had Copic coloured her on "day 1" and I thought all I had to do was sponge/blend around the edges, pop the panel up on foam tape and done. The other thing about Jenn is she loves, loves TEAL so I probably need to go refill my BG markers after "day 1 colouring" finished.

But no we weren't finished we added Prisma glitter (LF) using a Sakura pen to the white centres of the flower in her hair and the highlights on the bubbles and then using Distress Collage Medium Matte (in a bottle) we added a small amount to the narwhal's spots, horns and the shadows on the mermaids' tail. Then poured on top with a spoon Distress Rock Candy glitter (it's a really fine glitter but no Prisma bits and I like it a lot). Both these products are from Ranger. So yesterday we did the same technique for the first card I shared HERE but we used Ranger's Glossy Accents in a small bottle and Prisma glitter from Lawn Fawn. Both techniques give a really raised edge.

Now for the fun/hard part actually taking a picture that shows how amazing it looks in real life.



This stamp is a newly released stamp set from Trinity Stamps Sea You Soon. Jenn loves the sea and mermaids and lives at Cape Cod in the US and there are more mermaids to come, beachy things, pools, kitty cats; all the things Jenn loves but she said she had no say on what the sponsors donated but they know her well and they donated things she loves.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen