12 June 2023

Craft Roulette #167

After discovering what Craft Roulette was all about I wasn't going to let a really and I mean really busy weekend get in the way of taking part this week.

Again I couldn't watch it live as I was doing my Create with Us Live class with Lawn Fawn which was the identical time (1130am on Saturday morning in NZ), so I had to watch in review late Saturday night about 11pm as falling asleep. It was lovely seeing Mary Gunn FUNN highlight "your card" as it was a first submission. It was even more fun to hear Laura Bassan yes "laurafadora" go WOW at my bag-a-lope I fell asleep very happily after hearing that.

This week seemed really easy parameters; a thank you card, Farmers' Market colours (???GOK what that really means as everything seems to be Farmers' Markets colours), something that rhymes with "bee" and some punctuation.

So late last night about 11pm again start thinking what can I KReate today. My first thought I must have a thanks die with an exclamation mark >>> NO I don't, maybe on a sentiment >>> not that I could find, thinking oh no this is not as easy as it seems. Then I spied an old set from Stampin' Up! Just Saying' which was just perfect (punctuation and gee rhymes with bee). My table was covered by this time with bee stamps, tree stamps, things to do with the sea.

I had recently grabbed a bargain at my local crafting store (Krafters Cart) a set of Mama Elephant die cuts called Let's Chat. I think they're sized to work with the small sayings for the small wee animal stamp sets and they were in the clearance rack; so they were too good a bargain to not pick up and I'm really happy I did as they worked so well with the larger sentiment from my SU! set.  This idea came from something I saw on a challenge site a few weeks ago which I thought was so clever, which you can view HERE. Of course for this challenge I couldn't find my pin but 48 hours later I have it was a wee way down (I do like to Pin) so editing my post to show where to find my "inspiration".

 Hopefully, I used Farmer's Market colours though my blue is maybe a tad bright but I felt like I needed a pop of colour on the card, I also had to throw in some brown for the mud on the ground and on the potatoes and probably the carrots.


Just sharing the difference between Versamark and a white pigment ink when white embossing.


The LHS is the Versamark one, ignore I haven't heat set it properly but looking at the sentiment its a lot thicker emboss with my white pigment ink. I'm in the middle of a Virtual Art Retreat and we are doing a lot of white embossing in it. I've been a good student and copying the teacher and using my white pigment ink but today I reached for my Versamark without thinking and then thought oh that's not that nice an image for my "highlight/centrepiece" and tried again with the white ink.

Supply List:
Stamps: Just Sayin' (SU!)
Ink: Unicorn white pigment (HA)
Paper : Neenah White, Shaded Spruce (SU!), Sweet Sorbet (SU!), Daffodil Delight (SU!), Pumpkin Pie (SU!), Soft Suede (SU!), Tahitian Tide (SU!)
Dies: Just Sayin' (SU!), Let's Chat (Mama Elephant), Folk Edge rectangles (PFS)
Other: Alabaster white EP (BM)


I'm loving KReating something that I wouldn't normally make, I'm actually quite chuffed how amazing well that stamp set worked for the challenge and made it a doddle to whip up today. Roll on next Saturday and the next spin of the wheel.....
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen